Spanish Title Deeds Insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Nov 2012 5:36 PM by Newbie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Can anyone help with information as to where I can obtain a Spanish Title Deeds Insurance Policy.  Unfortunately I do not live on the Costa Del Sol but the problem I have seems to have more answers in that area than up here on the Costa Blanca North.  I am selling my property to an American buyer and we were about to make arrangements to conclude the sale at the Notary when he suddenly told me that, as is customary in the USA, he would expect me to arrange and pay for a Title Deeds Insurance Policy to be available on completion.  I had no idea what this was but my research has now revealed that it is an insurance which will indemnify the purchaser of a property against any defects in the title, problems with planning regulation infringements etc. etc. at any time up to 20 years in the future.  My lawyer has assured him that the title is good, the property being properly described and registered at the Land Registry and up to date with all taxes etc. but he now insists he will not proceed in the absence of this policy.  We understand that this insurance is available through a company called Caser at something like a 300€  one-off payment but the trouble is that I can find no-one offering this insurance anywhere in my area.  I have seen on the forum that someone previously posted complaining about being badgered to buy such a policy to protect their interests so I know that the policies must be available down there.  Can anyone give me any contact details of a possible source so that I can contact them to see if a policy can be arranged from a distance.  Many thanks in advance.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2012 9:22 PM by taraleisure Star rating in Holmfirth. 294 posts Send private message

Saw this on another site.

Emalia Costa Blanca SL
Avenida Libertad 19, Local 5
E-03730 Javea / Playa Arenal
Espana
CIF: B-54098231

Tel Spain:
Tel UK:

+34 96 646 8474
+44 2070 960189

Like 0      
01 Dec 2012 5:30 AM by Newbie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the info.  Will try contacting them after the weekend.  A chink of light perhaps.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2012 6:35 PM by alas Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Newbie, 

You can arrange your 20 Year Title Insurance policy through Caser Seguros. 

Please contact me at:

Carlos de las Alas

tel: + 34 915 644 684

We will provide with full information about yor Spanish Title Deed Insurance policy. The cost is a Unique Premium of 293.93 € for the 20 Year duration. 

The 2 basic requirements are:

- The property mut be housing ("vivienda")

- The purchase mut be completed before Notario, since an "escritura" must exist.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards, 

Carlos

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help? - 2 posts
licences and taxes for growing veg on own land - 0 posts
80% OF ALL JOBS ARE NOT ADVERTISED IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Watching UK TV in Spain - 41 posts
Couching - 0 posts
Cats on Complex - 2 posts
Free Language Exchange Anyone? - 0 posts
Capital Gains tax - 0 posts
agm agenda - 4 posts
EX18 Form - 0 posts
Endesagas - 0 posts
Visiting the UK - 18 posts
Pramount update - 3 posts
Contact lenses Quesada? - 2 posts
Anyone know a good gestor in Motril/Salobreña? - 0 posts
recargo 20% disuasorio - 0 posts
First name and surname - 3 posts
A spot of poetry? - 1 posts
Return of deposit - 2 posts
Internet La Vereda - 0 posts
Has the band bank stopped my sale? - 3 posts
Kindle in Spain - 13 posts
Spanish people moving abroad for work - 35 posts
Living In Spain Documentary Film - 29 posts
VPN - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x