moving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Sep 2012 3:47 PM by supremeclean1 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

could anyone give advice about moving to the costa del sol,

schooling for secondary schools and keeping business in the uk.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 4:21 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

If you look through previous threads  and other sites on the web eg anglo info .com you will see a vast amount of information and differing opinions, far too much to go into here.You will soon see that some think Spain is the best thing since sliced bread, others are more realistic . I am surprised that people are still so keen to want to move here, unless they are very wealthy. I would sum up my advice as follows:

Get your info from the horses mouth first, then look at the personal experiences of others before making your mind up. 

Contact the DWP, HMRC, They advise re any allowance which may or may not be payable in Spain; tax can be complicated as if you live here over 183 days you will be tax resident here. You will find that people give you contradictory advice, so go to the experts.

Don't do as some do, and attempt to "live under the radar"

Health care is the most important consideration, you will need private health insurance, unless you are going to work here and pay into the social security system,  but any existing conditions will not be covered. Dental care is private, and though cheaper than UK private care, a lot more expensive than NHS dental care.

Schooling-loads of info on EOS. I think people are not prepared for the expense involved-I am not talking about the private schools here. moving children here at secondary school stage is quite disruptive and unsettling even if they do settle down and become bilingual. Some have to go back a year. It is easier when they start from primary stage.

It's a huge undertaking-Good Luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sky TV Movies Signal - 2 posts
2 major questions resulting from changes in Residency requirements and Healthcare - 31 posts
Golf & Green Fee Companies - 0 posts
Are Endessa the cheapest supplier in Spain? - 4 posts
Orange Internet in Spain - 3 posts
Ryanair Con or Not - 0 posts
HELP moving to spain next year - 9 posts
water flooding the access to my house - 11 posts
Royfonte Kennels La Mairena - 2 posts
Where are you TJ? - 0 posts
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SPANISH CAR INSURANCE COMPANIES - 14 posts
Fantastic Service - 0 posts
Purchase of shower bath? - 0 posts
Moving back to Spain - 2 posts
An Englishman Abroad? - 100 posts
Does Spain have hourly minimum wage rate? - 26 posts
HOW DO SPAIN'S LOCAL TAXES COMPARE WITH UK COUNCIL TAX. - 7 posts
Dation and balance III - 1 posts
apartment in El Campello, Alicante - 0 posts
Wanted car - 3 posts
internet - 2 posts
Any nice Hotels or b/Bs near Alicante Airport - 0 posts
I am spanish woman. Doubts? - 3 posts
- 0 posts
I am spanish woman and I can to help you - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x