Security systems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2012 1:07 PM by brady1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I wonder if anyone has any advice on a security system that is able to email you with pictures of people entering your apartment when you are in the UK. We are in phase 2 and wanted some extra security and peace of mind whilst away from our apartment

Martin

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 1:34 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Hi Martin,

There are basically 2 systems you could go for.

A DVR (Digital Video Recorder) with Cameras or a Webcam.
Both are reliant on you having an Internet Connection.

If it's just for the entrance then an IP Camera would be the best option.
This will detect movement and email you a snapshot or a video of what it's detected.

You can also access the camera at any time with your iPhone, SmartPhone, PC etc and see live viewing.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Regards

Neil

www.soltecspain.com

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 2:54 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Hi Martin

I am not trying to be funny or anything. But what pleasure are you going to get from watching your house being burgled. Of course you may have other quite justified reasons for wanting this type of system.

In my experience the best thing to have is a deterrent that sends burglars away from your property to look elsewhere. I used motorised dummy cameras with flashing lights. Big CCTV signs. Mad guard dog posters. Quite cheap and works.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 4:59 PM by brady1 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks Neil for the info. An IP camera is the sort of system we have been looking into. Just wondering if you have info about howyou go about installing such a system. I suppose the apartment will have to have broadband?

Martin Braithwaite

Like 0      
29 Aug 2012 1:24 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

The apartment must have broadband for the IP Camera to function correctly.

You can buy an "off the shelf" camera and install it yourself or get somebody to install it.

You can use a wireless Camera which links to your router and will give you the freedom of not having a cable to worry about, although you will still need to have a power connection.
I can provide all the info and prices etc but you may have to PM me.

Potblack, many people now want to view the their home not only for security reasons but to also check who is using the property, if rented, or if any work people people are turning up when they should and doing what they say.

Neil

www.soltecspain.com

Like 0      
29 Aug 2012 2:06 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

Hi Martin Braithwaite, IP cameras are a good sollution indeed. I believe that it's also possible to receive alerts via GSM (mobile technoligy). I can give you a link to a company in Mazarron - Murcia (NOT MY BUSINESS), if that's of any use to you.

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 10:13 AM by prospain Star rating in Spain & Hong Kong. 38 posts Send private message

prospain´s avatar

A friend of mine had one of these systems, all singing and dancing, he used to boast about it. But someone blocked out the camera and stole it, broke into the apartment and stole all the goodies, PC, TV, DVD player, even drank all the beer in the fridge. Must have been like an episode from Mission Impossible. I preferred the old TV series to Tom Cruise in the film. My friend said, in hindsight it was like advertising you were worth being burgled. If you hide the camera so no one can see it, there’s no visual deterrent, and if it is visible it indicates you have valuables worth nicking. He now has an hidden detector that sets off dog barking noises, plus guard dog signs, only cost 49.95 euros.  

Includes batteries, so no mains required, and has 20 different dog barking sounds which auto rotate if you wish. Now that’s modern technology for you, never mind all that beam me up Scotty stuff.

This message was last edited by prospain on 30/08/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long-term rental required - 26 posts
Deregister Residencia and Healthcare in order to return to UK - 9 posts
Charges for not taking their Insurance - 10 posts
PETITION: To restore responsible buying and selling of property in Spain - 31 posts
Royal Air Forces Association - 0 posts
no touristy information on Murcia - 3 posts
Need ifo on schools - 0 posts
Warning re Insurance Broker - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Looking for apartment - 2 posts
Modifying a Car in Spain , some clarification from experts required - 64 posts
Iberswitch - 0 posts
Accessing Bankia Account from UK...getting desperate! - 15 posts
Address on NIE/ Social security - 9 posts
Suggestions on a Postcard to... - 1 posts
Best place to buy a new TV - 13 posts
Corvera airport revisited - 1 posts
Belmonteinternational - 0 posts
Would like to watch English speaking TV - 9 posts
President withdraws resignation - 5 posts
Free guides for rest of August - 0 posts
Dation and balance - 0 posts
Is this REALLY secure and safe? - 6 posts
Rogue Tenant - 0 posts
Property costs in Barcelona - 0 posts
Olympic Bloopers - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x