Another Nail in the Spanish Property Coffin

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2012 6:40 AM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Poppyseed / Foxilady - thats exactly what I meant ...

For me, the property price reflects the fact that a refurb is needed (kitchen, bathroom, walls etc) so a quick refresh of paint wouldnt be enough for me. 'Excellent condition' could relate to the fact that the property structure is sound and its clean lol.

The property is clearly priced to sell although any interested buyers will probably try and offer significantly less. There are bargains to be had in Spain, there's no doubt

This message was last edited by wend691 on 16/08/2012.

This message was last edited by wend691 on 16/08/2012.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2012 10:48 AM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

i would want to render the outside and plaster the inside aswell personal thing but can't stand that clad look

Like 0      
16 Aug 2012 12:21 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

Cannot say it is my taste either but we are talking about a 220 sq metre house on a 900 square metre plot. Would be more than double that price in "normal times".

Most of the modern villas are 100 metres or so. Friends of ours on Benimar2 had their Conchita villa ( 2 bed about 90 sq metres on 400 metre plot)  for sale at just over 200K and were offered less but did not accept it. Their villa was beautiful with all the bells and whistles including private pool and outside kitchen etc.

Jean

Like 0      
16 Aug 2012 12:28 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

We looked at property in Quesada a couple of years ago when we were thinking of buying and much of it in the same area as the one shown here are of similar build.  We, too, would have wanted to change the look of a place like this but it seems that some folk actually like it.  Whilst we were looking round just such a place and trying to assess how much it would cost us to update it, another couple were also viewing and saying, 'Oh, I love all this stonework.  It's so authentic.  I wouldn't change a thing'.  Needless to say, they bought it at close to the asking price and (on reflection, thank goodness) we lost out.  My guess is, though, there are more people like us who would want to change this type of 'look' than would want to keep it for its authenticity!

This message was last edited by maddiemack on 16/08/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

momac61 - 6 posts
Beware of defaulting on a mortgage - 4 posts
I am so confused - 1 posts
Nueva Ribera Beach Club - 2 posts
Brittany Ferry Spanish Voyage Club - 1 posts
Brittany Ferries Spain Voyage Club - 0 posts
Moving flats and tax address - 0 posts
Has anyone used Europa Network for internet and UK TV? - 92 posts
Persiana Repairs - 4 posts
Hello from Spain - 5 posts
Problems with living in Spain - 21 posts
Reporting Crimes (telephone service) - 0 posts
Shere Punjab (Delhi Chownk) Pueblo Principe - 0 posts
Living Hell in Paradise - 13 posts
quadbike mechanic - 0 posts
Tower Fan for sale - 0 posts
Pool Usage and President Powers - 12 posts
Renting a sub-standard property - How do we stand? - 13 posts
insurance - 1 posts
Friends needed - 1 posts
Capital Gains Tax - 0 posts
Water boletin change of name - 1 posts
insurance - 4 posts
downloading kindle books onto computer - 5 posts
Credit card PINs - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 64

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x