community pool rules regarding life guards etc

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2012 10:16 PM by kitkatkid Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi all whilst reading EOS I have just become a member and wonder if anybody could help with a simple question.

Basically our community have 3 months of the year [june to end of august] where we employ 2 lifeguards but for the other 9 months we are only allowed from 09:00 to 15;00 and mon to friday and the excuse for those hours is because the gardener and cleaner are on site to unlock the pool area.  Is there a way I could find Spanish law regarding community pools.

I believe there is a hidden agendea to not use the pool and it annoys me to hear the pool maintenance system working so hard and not being able to use it.

I would much appreciate any help on this matter      cheers  kitkatkid   [guess what I make for a living]

Like 0      
04 Jul 2012 9:35 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I cannot believe there are laws regarding when a pool may be open. However, a community can make bye laws.

Our 4 pools are open 24 hours as there are no gates etc. and can be used at any time.  The pools are less than 200 m2.  So no lifegaurds either-

The info here sounds to be as I remember it.

http://costadelsol.angloinfo.com/countries/spain/poollaw.asp

Lifeguards
All swimming facilities for collective use with a total water surface area of 200 meters squared or more should have a qualified lifeguard. For swimming facilities of between 200 and 500 meters squared there should be one lifeguard. A minimum of two lifeguards are required for pool with a total water surface area of between 500 and 1000 meters squared, or one additional life guard per pool or per fraction of 500 meters squared.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 04/07/2012.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2012 10:19 PM by kitkatkid Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

thanks for your info Johnzx

very usefull and answers my question perfectly

thank you very much

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gibraltar tobacco prices 2012 - 3 posts
Fantasy Homes By The Sea - 1 posts
Jet 2 sharp practice - 3 posts
Jet 2 sharp practice - 0 posts
Gelish nail salon in Benijofar? - 13 posts
Hellish nail salon in Benijofar? - 3 posts
Spanish Airport Tax Increases from 1st July - 22 posts
The need for more effective monitoring systems and enforceable regulatory controls - 21 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
sky costa blanca - 1 posts
Telefonica murcia region - 1 posts
UK driving licence in France & Spain - 2 posts
Wall Insulating in Spain - 36 posts
presedent - 31 posts
Mercedes C180 English headlights - 1 posts
Double Posts Appearing On Blogs - 3 posts
Latest mortgage rates? - 5 posts
buying online - 3 posts
This photo says it all - 4 posts
7th Heaven - 2 posts
Maria de Castro (costaluz lawyers) wins my case against el patio - 3 posts
Soft Tub Wanted - 1 posts
La Cala de Mijas Nr Malaga - bilingual school? - 0 posts
HELP - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x