Ripped off !!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jun 2012 9:00 AM by steve_lj Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Have been holidaying in and around murcia area for a good number of years now - always sort the booking myself, ie book the villa - flights - car - not with a holiday company. This year however has left a sour taste and made me wary of future bookings.

Basically, I paid a 1000 euro deposit for a 2 week villa rental in Cabo Roig that was advertised on holidaylettings website. It now seems that the agent to whom I paid the deposit has gone awol with the monies and not passed the booking on to the owner. The agent was ** EDITED - Against forum rules ** from Playa Flamenca - anyone know anything about him ?? I would really like a little chat with him !!!!

Anyway - situation at the moment is that i'm in dispute with the villa owner for return of my deposit. My solicitor advises that as the agent was working on the owners behalf to secure bookings then she is liable for return of deposit. Unsurprisingly, she does not agree and is resisting my requests to settle so it looks like a claim via the courts will be my route.

On a positive note, I had not paid the full ammount. It would have been a disaster to arrive in the resort (family party of 10) to find we had no villa!! Have managed to book another villa, albeit a smaller one, 4 beds and not 5. Just means one of my daughters and her partner have to stay somewhere else.

So - any info. on ** EDITED - Against forum rules ** would be a bonus.

Steve

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/10/2013 8:55:00 AM.

Like 1      
12 Jun 2012 10:29 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Good luck and don´t let the b***** get away with it!

Irene

Like 1      
08 Oct 2013 7:20 PM by lucyjean1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Steve,

We had virtually the same experience with Martin ** EDITED - Against forum rules ** in Feb 2012. We payed 950 euros as a deposit through holiday lettings. As in your circumstances Martin was the middle man and accepted the deposit. The villa also in Cabo Roig was a luxury villa for 10 people. The reference number for the villa was 131902. We lost the deposit also. I had no joy with holiday letting and or the villa owner. I went down the lines of reporting him to the UK fraud prevention police. All my details are registered with them, but as such they have had no luck in tracing him. The address we had for him was 119, calor bador. Cabo Roig. Orihuela Costa 03189.

I hope i have been of use and i will continue to attempt to trace this person. Please let me know how you have got on with everything.

Regards Gary

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/10/2013 8:57:00 AM.

Like 1      
08 Oct 2013 7:58 PM by steve_lj Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello Gary - thanks for taking time to reply. Well to date i've not been able to track him down although its something I havent given up on yet !!!! Your reference  for the villa is the same one. Like you, I had no joy with the villa owner. She has a thicker skin than a white rhino !! I actually took the owner to court in an attempt to recoup my deposit but unfortunately failed on a technicality. Prior to the court case she had the gall to get in touch with Martin Rogers and get him to make me an offer to pay me back (on the drip at a few pounds a month ) which had I accepted then she would have showed that to the court. Instead she was happy to tell the court I had been threatening to "Mr Rogers" in order to paint me in a bad light.  Sorry !!!! its ME that has lost money here......

She now has the villa advertised again on Holiday Lettings - I got in touch with them again to let them know, as they actually pulled the original advert due to the issues we both have encountered ( there are others that had paid deposits though ) but they were not interested. They make their money from advertisers not holidaymakers so draw your own conclusions !

If you need any info regarding the villa owner then feel free to drop me a PM and will let you have all her details.

I have not given up completeley on tracking ** EDITED - Against forum rules ** Rogers down - I know there is a long list of others that are looking for him also - i'm a firm believer in "what goes round - comes round" He will eventually get what is coming to him. 

Cheers

Steve

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 10/10/2013 8:58:00 AM.

Like 1      
08 Oct 2013 8:18 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

Is there any connection between agent and owner in this case as the owner seems to have contact to get him to repay monthly? Is this a case of more to this than meets the eye????
Just a thought!

Like 0      
08 Oct 2013 10:14 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi  Steve

Why not Email the Olive  Press Newspaper with all the details and they will do investigation in to this matter . Maybe some good results will come out of it. 

http://www.theolivepress.es/print-edition/

Good Luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi from newbie !!!! - 0 posts
VICTORY FOR FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP LAWSUIT 2 IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT IN HELLÍN - 262 posts
MURCIA AIRPORT Dont Book GOLD CAR - 10 posts
Electric Heater/Gas Bottle/Bikes - 0 posts
Gar Bottle - 0 posts
Alloy fold up Bike - 2 posts
Community fee debt on repossessed property - 2 posts
Moving in Soon - 3 posts
Bank Charges La Caixa ... - 3 posts
Town hall rate's - 5 posts
How Are Things in Your Area? - 58 posts
Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts
COSTA LUZ LAWYERS DID IT AGAIN! - 3 posts
Unlocked Mobile Phones - 2 posts
internet help - 4 posts
Hello from barcelona - 2 posts
How to find out which company has brought the unsold apartments at auction. - 12 posts
New "kid on the block" - 4 posts
moving my mother to spain - 39 posts
transferring money - 30 posts
3% Tax? - 27 posts
WANTED: 4 Bed Long Term Property to Rent (1-3 years) Maybe Rent To Buy - 1 posts
Summer again!! - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE 4 X 4 MECHANIC - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x