Hi im Louise

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 May 2012 4:08 PM by LouiseW1985 Star rating in Currently living in .... 12 posts Send private message

I thought i would introduce myself here. I am planning to relocate asap, just finalising things back home.

Need apartment sleeps upto 4. Area with good primary school & high school.

I am going to import mobile catering electric cart, looking for space to let to work from. Need to know what permits are needed if any etc....My business has been running in Glasgow for 18months and doing well, i think it will work well in Spain with the weather.........good or bad :)

I am also a professional photographer........& events organisor, so hopefully get by. I have savings to cover us until we get settled and find work etc.

I am not expecting life to be a big holiday, i know it will be hard, if not harder than Sunny Scotland...but i need to do it. Its my challeng in life......................................cant wait to meet new people :)

Louise, any advice welcome?????? x

embed

Like 0      
07 May 2012 8:43 PM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

I know nothing about mobile carering, but I am not sure if they are allowed here apart from at private events

Like 0      
07 May 2012 10:54 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Hi Louise,

Great that you have the courage to try something different, but make sure you don't fully commit for a few months, or at least have a solid escape plan if things don't turn out as you hope.

Unemployment in Spain is approaching 25% overall and is more like 35% on the southern Costas. It's good that  you have sufficient funds to allow you to "give it a go", but while hoping for the best, make sure you plan for the worst.

All the very best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Best Regards

JJ

Like 0      
07 May 2012 11:32 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Louise - good to see another Glaswegian coming out to Spain!

Please check the rules about importing your electric cart.  I read something a while ago about it being illegal to import any commercial vehicle, but can't remember the details.  It was a discussion about ice cream vans, but I think the rule covered any commercial vehicle.  Hopefully yours will be OK but it would be a shame to bring it out and then find you couldn't legally register it in Spain.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on!

Like 0      
11 May 2012 4:09 AM by daffodil1003 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile American Hoit Dog Cart....... - 1 posts
Anyone completed modelo 576 online? - 0 posts
Cucador Almeria - 3 posts
Non resident tax - 19 posts
Is there added salt in bottled water - 4 posts
Need a Family estate car - 2 posts
ITV Car test - 13 posts
HEATING SPANISH APARTMENT - 5 posts
jill - 8 posts
Maureen Hoskin - 0 posts
angina medication in spain - 0 posts
Tree Cutting Licence - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellations - 0 posts
BMI BABY - 0 posts
Gibraltar Border - 3 posts
QROPS Pensions - 14 posts
Legal tip 754. You need to buy again in Spain - 10 posts
Stay with the Company you have got - 1 posts
moneycorp - 5 posts
Shocked at the levels of unemployment - 9 posts
Best Internet deal - 4 posts
Internet in Alora - 0 posts
Solar Panels for water heaters - 11 posts
teleast tv problems - 2 posts
Buy a White Car.... - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x