Working in Gibraltar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2012 10:51 PM by MandyH Star rating in Yorkshire, at presen.... 8 posts Send private message

Hola

Can anyone advise me on the present situation re job vacancies in the online gaming / banking industry ? administration / call centre work? via recruitment agencies or direct temporary jobs? 

I plan to contact agencies direct and am sourcing job sites but I was hoping for advice from anyone who is at present in this industry?

I have recently returned from travelling and now looking for new lodgings and to return to work.  I am at present in Yorkshire but researching working in Gibraltar on a temporary basis to check it out!

All advice would be most appreciated, Mandy :)

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 1:40 PM by manyarna Star rating in the UK- Heart is in .... 59 posts Send private message

It may be easier for people to reply if you say what sort of specific advice you want about the industry?  working hours, conditions, social groups etc

I worked with an insurer for a time who kept mainly English working hours, the admin staff dont get rich and once you travel and pay rent etc there wont be much left assuming you work in Gib and live in Spain. The gaming industry works 24 / 7 so you may  work early / late shifts and even weekends.

There are several good agency's some of which are on skype and are very helpful so they may be  your best place to get your answers.. Jobs in the sectors you mention are plentiful. Basic Spanish for me is essential    A word of warning in that many wont take you too seriously or give you an interview however until you are based there and ready for work. Its a little chicken and egg for many. 

From what I saw its not a student / temp type environment like Aus but really just England in the Sun which when your working indoors is worse for me but at least when you finish and go home you can still eat outside and actually plan to do things outside at the weekend.  

For me I would get on easyjet for a few days, meet some people and go for it !

Like 0      
19 Apr 2012 10:50 PM by MandyH Star rating in Yorkshire, at presen.... 8 posts Send private message

Gracia manyarna for your response, much appreciated :)

Can you recommend any recruitment agencies?  I have sourced wemploy (general administration vacancies) and also have recruitspain (more specific areas) and I have a list in my favourites found on google to go through!!!!!  so any leads would be appreciated. Or any contacts in Gibraltar?

I have a varied administration background in many organisations / areas!  I am willing to work within any organisation, area, and hours on a temporary basis to have the chance to expereince Gib working life and Spanish lifestyle to see if its me!!!!!

I am hoping to come over mid May, and just give it a go :) I have a small budget to help start me out.

Thanks again, Mandy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Silver Cutlery - 0 posts
Que? Ahora? - 1 posts
3 pin (UK) plug sockets. - 18 posts
Creditor's meeting - 8 posts
NIE U Turn Re POA - 8 posts
Bancaja merger with Bankia....the customer´s nightmare - 24 posts
Car Hire - Help Please - 8 posts
Reputable Removal Company - 3 posts
Driving to spain/ Pet Friendly Hotels - 1 posts
sending stuff to spain - 5 posts
Timeframe for receipt of AGM/EGM minutes - 42 posts
Looking for Accomodation Andalucia within San Roque to Manilva area - 6 posts
living in a mobile home - 19 posts
CAR HIRE MOJACAR - 2 posts
What would be the best way to promote my business? - 11 posts
WANTED: Do you want to sell, swap or longterm rent your Villa - 1 posts
BMIBaby fees - 5 posts
Wanted - Accommodation in Gibraltar / San Roque / Algeciras / Manilva areas - 0 posts
Legal tip 744. Bank accepts property back in Courts - 0 posts
diy stores - 2 posts
Subaru Forester For Sale - 1 posts
New Member - 2 posts
Is the net closing in for Torresat TV- latest news UK TV Costs Blanca - 6 posts
Bancaja/Bankia Fiasco - 30 posts
Letting - Double taxation Spain and UK - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x