Retirement in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by Kennef Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We have lived in Spain for 5 year now, we did intend to buy but my wife likes to change location every 3 year (an old throw back from my Army days).  We have a long term rent (600€ a month but it is a 4bed cortico with a very large patio with its own bar and fountain, it is adjacent to the sea at Penoncillo near Nerja.  I transfer my pensions to a local bank and we find we live very comfortably and have money left each month, this includes cigarrettes for my wife and frequent evenings out.

My car is not new but adequate for what we need and with the insurance road tax and service costs a lot less than it would in England, my children like to visit frequently so we assist them with the cost of flights and they often stay 3 or 4 weeks.  Since moving here we have lived by the sea in 4 different apartments each one bigger than the previous one, my residentia and NIE were sorted out for me by a gestor which cost me 50€ a small fee to pay as he did all the spanish forms etc.

Life is not slower here as we like to visit other places all within driving distance, our social life includes ballroom dance lessons and linedancing.  Our local bar puts on all the sporting activities so I watch all Manchester united matches without the hassle of a TV license or sky fees.

last year we had 4 days rain even then the temperature was still 28oc, this winter we have used the elctric fire to keep warm but the temperature never went below 14oc (cold for us) our neighbours are Spanish German and Dutch yet we all mix freely and are friendlythe children are mostly polite and well behaved in fact the worse ones are from an English family.

I must say we enjoy all the luxuries including free health so hopefully we will remain here for many more years

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New laws and taxes on bringing uk car on uk plates. - 33 posts
New rules on NIE and Residencia - 138 posts
Applyling for Spanish Nationality - 24 posts
IBI TAX AND WHO PAYS IT? - 7 posts
please recommend a reliable car mechanic - 3 posts
Where are they now? - 2 posts
Registering on the EU Citizens Register (replaced the Residencia) The form in English - 53 posts
DO I NEED AN NIE NUM TO OPEN A NON RESIDENT BANK ACCOUNT - 11 posts
Party walls/fences - 5 posts
Spanish registered car for sale in UK - 3 posts
Cancel my Residencia - 53 posts
In Europe Sticking To The Rules Matters - 2 posts
General strike thursday - 5 posts
koi - 0 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 9 posts
love spain - 84 posts
Looking for a Villa to Rent for July and August in Quesada - 0 posts
Valencia - 5 posts
Quad wheels & tyres. - 0 posts
Stagecoach Theatre School "Musical 2012" 3 tickets for sale - 0 posts
Swimmimg pool liners - 4 posts
CPS Spain Rentals Benalmadena - 4 posts
Endesa and Aquagest direct debits - when and how much? - 2 posts
Residencia - 14 posts
Return of deposit - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x