Where are they now?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by diverdan Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

Hi

I started off my adventure with Spain back in 2006 with Parador selling me a property on Almanzora Country Club which had not been built however we were assured that our money was safe and there would be no problems.

Eventually the penny dropped that ACC had serious problems with no proper planning permision and after fighting for a about a year I got my money back minus my deposit and legal fees. Many people still have had nothing back at all.

There was a site developed by a buyer called ACC and if you had purchased a property you could apply to be a member. I think there was about 150 members.

The site - like all Spanish Forums then was really busy. 

I fortunately - not put off too much - managed to buy a place in Palomares which I love - but I wonder what happened to all the people who bought the dream of ACC and ended up with nothing.

Some ended up at MCC and some also transferred to Oasis Country Club but again that has stopped building.

It would be good to hear of any other success stories that came from ACC. I know a couple of people who are quite happy where they are now but my heart goes out to the many who have lost their nest eggs.

Regards

dd

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      
30 Mar 2012 4:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Dan

It is incredible the number of people affected by the ACC "dream" but I think you'd be better off posting this message in the ACC forum.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Apr 2012 10:04 AM by diverdan Star rating in Scotland / Greenock .... 119 posts Send private message

Justin

Just done so thanks.

dd

Looking forward to a long retirement in the sun..........

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Registering on the EU Citizens Register (replaced the Residencia) The form in English - 53 posts
DO I NEED AN NIE NUM TO OPEN A NON RESIDENT BANK ACCOUNT - 11 posts
Party walls/fences - 5 posts
Spanish registered car for sale in UK - 3 posts
Cancel my Residencia - 53 posts
In Europe Sticking To The Rules Matters - 2 posts
General strike thursday - 5 posts
koi - 0 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 9 posts
love spain - 84 posts
Looking for a Villa to Rent for July and August in Quesada - 0 posts
Valencia - 5 posts
Quad wheels & tyres. - 0 posts
Stagecoach Theatre School "Musical 2012" 3 tickets for sale - 0 posts
Swimmimg pool liners - 4 posts
CPS Spain Rentals Benalmadena - 4 posts
Endesa and Aquagest direct debits - when and how much? - 2 posts
Residencia - 14 posts
Return of deposit - 16 posts
Long term rental advance payments advice.... - 2 posts
Clampdown on rogues in Spain - 1 posts
Ex Pats Gay Groups - 4 posts
Actual weather in Manilva / La Duquesa area? - 3 posts
Murcia Area- Working Potteries around Totana, Murcia Area - 0 posts
Smart Car for sale or swop - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x