At what point does an Agents Obligation stop in the process of sale - Your Views

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Sep 2007 8:06 PM by krullix Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

This sounds like it should be reported to Trading Standards in the UK, en masse. Slough is the office, as Atlas are registered in Dorking. The more people who do this, the better, and if numbers of people do it, then someone should alert the newspapers at the same time. I think a Spanish political party might be able to crack open the developer and find out what's REALLY happened, but Atlas will just continue unchallenged until the next time they take on a dodgy developer. It's time to hit them where it matters  in the UK where they will now be resuming the cheapo visits. Holiday home owners might be in a better position to do this as they are still resident in the UK. Do you know also that in the UK, a verbal promise counts for something, You only need to look at compensation dished out on endowment mis=selling to know this fact.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 11:19 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I personally think they should throw the book at all companies concerned!!!!!!

Atlas,Technologica and their legal team have done nothing but tarnish the reputation of all agents in the area and have caused undue misery to many people on many developments up and down the coast.

I agree they should be reported to Trading standards,but it wont happen! stories like this should put people off choosing to use these companies,but it wont!

I can see the meeting on the 20th turning into a warzone,with that many disgruntled people in one room it is bound to happen,do you think Atlas and Technologica will have representatives at the meeting?me thinks not!

Georgia

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 4:20 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

The Coastrider Newspaper will be there.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 7:22 PM by krullix Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

If I were Atlas, I would send someone along - British - to sit quietly and listen. Round Town News might go as well because they wrote about the Torre FC story. I hope they get some Spanish papers along. They should do being a Spanish political party. This could be the week when all the free newspapers are 'hidden' by Atlas reps as they take their future victims out to dinner!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 9:53 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Well TU are certainly getting a lot of publicity at the moment. I and several others will be at the meeting on thursday. Hope there is a good turnout.

From this week's Coastrider.

Residents ‘removed’ from Tecnologia building by police
Last week, residents of two different urbanisations in El Galan and Torrevieja contacted me to report that once again, their electricity had been cut off thanks to the failure of Tecnologia Urbanistica to pay its bills.
One group of residents, who live in the Macarena III urbanisation in the Torreta area of Torrevieja, descended on the Tecnologia headquarters in Torrevieja to demand their electricity be switched back on, and were subsequently asked to leave the building by two Policia Locale officers.
A spokesperson for the urbanisation told me: “There were fifteen of us including our President and Vice President, and we wanted to state our demands peacefully. This is the second time this has happened to us – the last time was in July. The electricity company, Iberdrola, confirmed that Tecnologia had failed to pay the bill, but Tecnologia blamed Iberdrola for not getting a fax confirmation that the bill had been paid. I think we were being a little loud, as there were people speaking Spanish around us and others trying to get their point of view across, but it was not aggressive in any way. There was a rather frosty moment when some people came into the building. They wore suits and looked quite senior, and one of them laughed. One of our residents told the man it was no laughing matter, being without electricity. At some point, someone at Tecnologia must have called the Police and we were asked to leave.
They allowed the president and vice-president, together with a Spanish speaker to remain. The rest of us had to walk up the pavement, away from the building altogether.”
She continued: “To be fair to Esther who works at Tecnologia, she did show confirmation that a fax had been sent to Iberdrola, but really this is of no concern to us. Our president and vice-president, plus two other people, spent the whole day to-ing and fro-ing between Tecnologia, Iberdrola, and we even called Atlas, the estate agent, because they sold most of our properties. Atlas did telephone Tecnologia and Iberdrola on our behalf and confirmed that our electricity would be back on by 9pm, which happened.”
The Macarena III representatives were told by Iberdrola that Tecnologia owes the company ‘an awful lot of money’.
Residents in El Galan also confirmed they had been told by Iberdrola that their electricity had been turned off due to non-payment of bills by Tecnologia. Both urbanisations are bracing themselves for November when they believe they will be cut off again unless urgent action is taken against Tecnologia.
These two urbanisations, and possibly countless others, will be represented at this week’s meeting, to be held by the PSOE opposition party. The meeting takes place at the Asturias Restaurant on the N332, this Thursday 20 September starting at 7pm.
The PSOE Party has invited those people affected by the developer Tecnologia Urbanistica to attend the meeting and present written and photographic evidence describing the nature of their problems, whether it is due to non receipt of deeds, electricity bill payments, illegal building, or abandoned sites that are blighting neighbourhoods.
The PSOE Party wants to understand the scale of the problems caused by this developer in order to make representations to the appropriate people both at the next Orihuela Town Hall plenary meeting and through the party’s Vega Baja representative in Valencia.
R Griffin

Like 0      
27 Nov 2007 2:00 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

From today's Coastrider newspaper.

Trading Standards to meet with Atlas legal team
A resident who took the decision to write to UK Trading Standards in Surrey regarding the role of estate agent, Atlas International, in the sale of Tecnologia homes has received what he believes to be an encouraging response.
In a letter, an official from the Leatherhead Business Standards Team confirmed that a meeting had been scheduled this month with Atlas International ‘legal representatives’ to investigate the nature of ‘all complaints received’, which indicates that Trading Standards could be dealing with several complaints from different sources.
Members of the PSOE opposition party on the coast wrote to Surrey Trading Standards some weeks ago to alert them to the problems surrounding Tecnologia homes, detailing that Atlas International were responsible for selling a large proportion of them. The party also published the Trading Standards address on their website and warned Trading Standards that they could receive many complaints.
Many residents who own Tecnologia homes with no deeds, who have outstanding builders’ mortgages on their homes, and who regularly lose their electricity and water due to non payment of bills by the builder, blame Atlas International as much as they do the developer. The nature of complaints received by Trading Standards is unclear at this moment, however, one resident recently told me he would be writing to the organisation on two counts: that Atlas International, in a written document, made assurances that the homes they sell would be debt free, and secondly that until he receives his deeds, he believes Atlas International has failed to complete their side of the deal.
I have written to the case worker at Surrey Trading Standards to ask how many complaints he is dealing with pertaining to Atlas International and their role in the sale of Tecnologia homes, and I will publish a response as soon as I receive one.
R Griffin

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Estepona Wifi Hotspots - 6 posts
Golf Course - 3 posts
Where can i buy a shower screen near Vera/Mojacar for Valle Del Este - 0 posts
Roman Oasis - sabinillas - 17 posts
Bank Charges for paying bills - 0 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - 2 posts
WiFi Mast Insallation on a Complex - 4 posts
Garden plants - 22 posts
Buying a spanish car in Spain - 47 posts
Builders versus owners - what can be done? - 12 posts
penthouse available for long let in costa del sol - 1 posts
Spanish Tax Liability - 4 posts
Hi dinky Lo Crispin - 16 posts
Renting my apartment. - 2 posts
death duties - 15 posts
Fencing - 9 posts
WANTED RENTAL - Benijofar - 7 posts
RENTAL WANTED - BENIJOFAR - 3 posts
Which Form? - 1 posts
"Bumber" newsletter - 4 posts
Contacting the developments - 4 posts
Grupo Urbasa build delays - 3 posts
M&M - 4 posts
The Banana Tree, Quesada, Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Costa Del Sol - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 126

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x