Testimonial for Maria de Castro and the team at Costa Luz Lawyers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by Angelina Curls Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Testimonial from Paul and Wendi Causer - February 2012

We would like to express our thanks for all the help and support from Maria and her team over the last 2 years, resulting in the refund of all our money after a 5 year nightmare. 

In February 2009 we visited Spain and put a deposit down on our dream property, an off plan apartment on a golfing complex with one of the large developers. The completion date was approx 1 year, which was fine by us. During the following couple of months we paid the next two instalments which was a total of 61,160 euros . 

Over the next couple of years we constantly chased this company for further information about how the build was going but could get no answers, indeed they kept e-mailing us information about social events going on at their other resorts but we could not get any information from them about our apartment. Eventually after a lot of stress we found that not even one brick had been put down and the resort was going to be missing shops, bars etc . We were not able to even get a start date, let alone a completion date.

We decided after 3 years to cancel our contract and to request all funds to be returned to us. After doing a lot of research on the internet we came across a website called the ‘Eye of Spain’ and a name kept popping up - Maria Castro – and Costa Luz Lawyers.

We researched Maria and Costa Luz Lawyers and could only find good things about them and contacted Maria late 2009. She was very kind and informative and told us that she only took on cases that she was confident of winning so in February 2010 we decided to place our case with her. We were given a breakdown of costs and when payments would be needed and we sent her all the information she requested and gave her power of attorney – amazingly, within a few days, we heard from our developer and they were offering us 25% off our apartment – we assume they now knew Maria was on their case!!

Over the next months communication was via e-mail and sometimes a bit slow but we were happy that things were happening in the background and in December 2011 we had an e-mail from Maria saying that our developer wanted to settle our case before going to court – we were delighted and of course accepted immediately.

We could have so easily walked away from this nightmare but are so glad that we found Maria and Costa Luz Lawyers and would recommend anyone in the same position to contact them – just read the other testimonials to see other satisfied clients.

Thanks again to Maria and everyone at Costa Luz Lawyers –we can now get on with our lives without all the stress of the last few years.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 10:54 AM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

Well done Maria and all at Cota Luz lawyers

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 11:02 AM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Excellent news Paul & Wendi and well done to María & her team at CostaLuz Lawyers.

You are right when you say this kind of thing is a 'nightmare'.  It really is a total nightmare for many thousands of victims of Spanish Off-Plan Property Abuse.  Many people's health is affected and they feel that their life is 'on hold'.

Very significant what you say:  "we can now get on with our lives without all the stress of the last few years".

These issues are very stressful and really do take over your life.  Let us hope that very soon many more victims are able to put their stressful 'Spanish Property Nightmare' behind them and move on with their lives.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
14 Sep 2012 11:57 PM by madelaine Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We have belived in Maria and her team for 5 years, yes 5 years not every case is solved quickly, but what i am disappointed in is Maria and her team keeping us updated on our case, our appeal was in court  june 2012 after 5 years we are waiting for news on our case, as you can imagine, we think out case is held on a particular date in June and email Maria and her team asking for an update on our case as soon as possible (maybe i am deluded expecting the answer to this on the date the appeal went to court in SPAIN , Even so i did ask for a response as soon as possible, was told no problem but could take a month for the answer, after 5 years i know the courts in Spain do not work during the month of August,, i ask for an update on 12 th September, by now i am really annoyed as it is now nearly 3 months since our case was in court, we have now been informed we have lost our appeal, today 14th September, yet this decision was decided on 25th July 2012.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2012 5:06 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Madelaine:

My apologies in regards to the delay on notifying the decission to you. Summer is always a very complicated period due to vacations.

Kindest,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gib. - 3 posts
driving to Spain from the UK - 16 posts
road tax advice - 5 posts
Legalisation Issies! - 5 posts
Typist Wanted - 0 posts
Have I really won the lottery? - 22 posts
Tax on Rental-Deductions - 8 posts
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR - 2 posts
Crisis?? - 0 posts
Earthquake - 3 posts
Mazarron apartment - 2 bed and 1 bath. - 1 posts
Working in the UK and having shares' dividends in Spain - 1 posts
Working in the UK, with share dividends in Spain - 0 posts
Recommendations for child friendly restaurants - 2 posts
EXPATS WALK FOR THEIR VILLAGE - 0 posts
surina - 4 posts
cats - 0 posts
FREEZING YUK - 6 posts
Riding a motorcycle in spain on a full uk bike licence - 6 posts
MR WIPPY - 3 posts
ITV test - 4 posts
Barclays Bank Espana accounts - 0 posts
Medievil Market in Orihuela - 5 posts
How Spain has changed in 10 years....??!!!! - 73 posts
GC Resorts / Silverpoint / Las Canarias. Advise please - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x