masa inspection trips

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

sorry, I have asked this on another thread but not got a reply. We are going on a MASA inspection trip and have read on two forums)see Murcia or Alicante by Bobael) that they send a bill after you have been on the trip. Please could someone advise me if this is correct (we assummed you just paid the inspection trip money and drinks etc). Also we have booked to stop on another day after the MASA rep as dropped us at the airport, this was advised on a forum, will MASA find out and will they be able to do anything about it. Thank you

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 5:59 PM by rosi n Star rating in Cornwall / axarquia. 119 posts Send private message

Hi nickid    We had a trip with Parador last year and there was no talk of paying any extra at a later date even though we never bought with them, the cost of these trips is built into the price of the properties they are selling we are sure of that, we have never heard of any extra payment at a later date and would not pay it anyway. unless you sign a paper to say theres extra charges we think some companys  just try it on, i think after they leave you at the airport thats the end of it for them so dont worry about it .  Have a good trip .   Rosi n

This message was last edited by rosi n on 6/13/2007.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 7:40 PM by colettepaul Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi

We did not use Masa but went with the Spanish property centre (who turned out to be fab!). On arrival the rep asked us were we honestly interested in viewing property or did we just want to stay at the hotel a couple of days!!  Think this was prompted by his last visiters who turned up with their golf clubs!. have to say they where excellent with us. Even when we decided to purchase he said to return home and sleep on it. They would reserve the property for a few days on his say so without paying the 3000 euro deposit. We did purchase in the end but to say the was no preasure is an under statement. After some stories you hear I thougt this deserved a mention. Good luck with your trip.

Paul  

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 10:56 PM by bimo Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Could you tell me name of the guy who howed you round from the spanish property centre

Like 0      
13 Jun 2007 10:26 AM by 838wjh Star rating in planet earth. 54 posts Send private message

hi nickid,

we went with masa back in april and they were superb, could not have done more for us.there was never the slightest bit of pressure to buy.we were taken to a great variety of both new (key ready)and off plan and resale properties.our price a grand total of 25 quid.plenty of people seem to slate these companies but our experience could not have been more pleasurable,you DOnot pay any more for your visit other than what you pay before going out 49 pounds per person i believe. we got a discount 25 for both of us(drinks at night excluded) victor was our collegue for the whole trip and what a guy he was ,spot on. the conclusion to our trip was that we most certainly did purchase a property and all things have been concluded,payments made etc with completion of our property dec 2007with final payment due then .we were really impressed with the whole experience of masa and delighted in our purchase and look forward to our new home in spain.

hope you enjoy your time in spain.

bill

Like 0      
13 Jun 2007 2:04 PM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

thank you for your replies.It has put my mind at ease. I feel we are now ready to visit with a very open mind and have gained lots of knowledge before hand that hopefully will ensure we make the right decision

Like 0      
17 Jun 2007 3:33 PM by gaynormurray Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi there! We have a house in Daya Nueva, near Almoradi, we have owned it for three years, we too, were very wary about being put under pressure to buy through these inspection trips. we were very lucky in that we stumbled across Elite Spanish Properties from Earith, Cambs, who were absolutely brilliant, it is run by a husband and wife team, both English, and they could not do enough for us. We didnt even have to pay for any drinks. They picked us up from the airport and literally were at our beck and call for the whole 4 days. There was only me and my hubby, we never shared the car with anyone else, John and Maria were there for us solely. On the second day, we found our dream house and John took us to our local bank and opened a joint account for us, he dealt with the deposit and solicitors and we didnt have to do a thing. As we still had 2 days left, his wife,Maria took us out and about looking at furniture packs and also arranged our NIE numbers for us. All the meals were paid for by ESP and they went out of their way to take us to different types of restaurants so we could taste the local cuisine. In contrast, before we decided to go with ESP, we had visited one of these Spanish Home exhibitions, and also signed up to go on one of their inspection trips, they were called Solinvest, which we later found out were part of Masa. Well, to cut a long story short, as we had already purchased through ESP, we thought we would just go along for the ride, out of curiosity, to see how this company worked, (obviously, we never mentioned this to the agent), well, from the moment they picked us up from the airport, it was a nightmare, we had to share the car with another couple and 2 children, and the car wasnt big enough for 2 car seats, so one child had to sit on MY lap!!! The next day we were picked up over an hour later than the rep told us, and this time we were sharing the car with another couple, whose budget was double ours! We asked for a 3 bedroomed house, and all they kept showing us were 0ne bedroomed apartments, one cost over a quarter of a million pounds (our budget was £90000!) We had to pay for all our own meals and drinks, and the pressure was awful, he must have been on commision only, as he was relentless in trying to sell us totally unsuitable properties. The poor couple with us were nearly in tears, we were fine, as we knew we already had a house reserved, but anyone else would have totally caved in and purchased, just to get him off their backs! Even on the way back to drop us off at the airport, he stopped at his office to show us yet more over priced flats, at one stage we thought we would miss our flight because he was so determined to sell us something! A total nightmare from the very start! When we got back home, the agent this end who arranged our trip just ignored our calls and e-mails as we didnt purchase anything! I do hope nobody else has to go through that sort of experience, because if we had gone with Solinvest first, we would never have bought our lovely place in Spain, we just would not have bothered!!!

Adios!

Gaynor xxx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

From John K - 4 posts
COMMING OUT ? WANT A WEATHER UP DATE ASK ME - 22 posts
Guess who has just been in my shop?? - 56 posts
Places to eat? - 0 posts
Sun Lawyers - 0 posts
Help!! - 13 posts
Any other buyers? - 3 posts
Children Great at Making us Laugh (Your Entertaining Stories Please!.) - 1 posts
Marina de Cope Murcia - 3 posts
Hello Again Jeansis !!!!! - 9 posts
Telephone conections - 2 posts
inspection trip - 2 posts
KITTENS - 3 posts
Find golf courses on the Costa Blanca. - 4 posts
Costa Blanca, Guademar - 8 posts
Fushion, Villa Martin Plaza - 0 posts
The Real Cost Is Up To You! - 23 posts
Apartment Cleaning/Bed Changing Service - 0 posts
Entre Golf near Dream Hills - 1 posts
We bought a 2,500 sq m plot of land in 2002 in Estacion de Cartama - 36 posts
Costa del Almeria - 3 posts
Grazalema - 0 posts
Living in Princess Park - 0 posts
Golf shop in Benijofar - 5 posts
Need a website - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x