Any other buyers?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by WhiteWitch Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can anyone help with this.  I wanted my children to go to a new school, one got a place and one didn't so as I cannot be in 2 places at once I had to fill out the Matricular for their current school, the new school have rung me today and told me they both have places does anyone know where I start with this one.  Am I stuck with them being in the current school what exactly is the Matricular.  As the deadline for the Matricular was Friday I cannot now fill out and hand in one for the new school.  Help please!

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 9:50 PM by hicky Star rating in campello,spain/x tin.... 51 posts Send private message

it means you have to register,if you have missed the date then maybe the place will have been filled,MARTICULAR simply means register,,,

Like 0      
14 Jun 2007 12:56 PM by Steve C Star rating. 66 posts Send private message

The deadlines for school registering are very misleading - they really do not exist! It is the same as the UK. once you have your padron etc. your children are entilted to go to school and receive an education.

If you are moving into the area (from the UK, Madrid, Rome, Paris etc.) your child is entilted to an education. I have heard stories from people saying that if they do not register in May for Septemberr intake they cannot get into any school until the following September - absolute rubbish!!! Do you really think that a Spanish family who move beteween towns / cities within Spain would allow this? Think about it if you moved from London to Manchester would you wait months for you children to start a new school - I don't think so. The same rules apply in Spain. If in doubt get a translator and go and see the local Mayor.

If you want both of your children in the same school then again enlist the help of the Mayor (and tranlsator if needed). Children welfare and education are of a lot higher priority in Spain than the UK do not be fobbed off by rumours, school receptionists or even head teachers.

Simple advice - do NOT listen to rumours, peoples opinions (even mine) until you have fully investigated through official channels. We heard all of these rumours and decided to go and investigate and ask probing questions ourselves. We based a lot of  the questions on what we would do in the UK if we moved location - guess what the rumours simply did not stack up!!

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 5:53 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi WhiteWitch

Welcome to EOS, hope you got the answer to your school question.............

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Children Great at Making us Laugh (Your Entertaining Stories Please!.) - 1 posts
Marina de Cope Murcia - 3 posts
Hello Again Jeansis !!!!! - 9 posts
Telephone conections - 2 posts
inspection trip - 2 posts
KITTENS - 3 posts
Find golf courses on the Costa Blanca. - 4 posts
Costa Blanca, Guademar - 8 posts
Fushion, Villa Martin Plaza - 0 posts
The Real Cost Is Up To You! - 23 posts
Apartment Cleaning/Bed Changing Service - 0 posts
Entre Golf near Dream Hills - 1 posts
We bought a 2,500 sq m plot of land in 2002 in Estacion de Cartama - 36 posts
Costa del Almeria - 3 posts
Grazalema - 0 posts
Living in Princess Park - 0 posts
Golf shop in Benijofar - 5 posts
Need a website - 0 posts
New Member of EOS Team - 4 posts
Anyboby any good with computers? - 4 posts
Vera Restaurants - 4 posts
Fly/Mosquito screens for windows/doors - 5 posts
Daya Nueva our village - 2 posts
Reselling at FSA - 1 posts
Three Kings - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x