Decisions, dicisions?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Hi All, My hubby and I lived for a while in La Cala de Mijas but unfortunately had to return to the U.K. due to him having a heart attack here and complications after a bypass. We are now ready to return. We only rent and are not looking to buy. We love La Cala, due to the fact it retains its Spanish feel, the beach is never packed even in the height of summer and there is a nice mix of nationalities.

Now the questions:

I have found a place called Los Nietos in Murcia, which to me looks similar and know that some members live in or near this place, so would like some info please. I am on my own a lot as hubby still works in U.K. I don't drive in Spain, only drive in U.K. as a necessity so need good transport links. I suffer badly from asthma so need somewhere fairly flat, not up cardiac hills and enough going on in the winter, ie doesn't become a ghost town. 

Planning on maybe coming over for a few weeks to see for ourselves but would like some opinions please. Thank you. Karen

Like 0      
22 Jan 2012 2:31 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

Los Nietos is mainly spanish and there are alot of spanish homes there although I wouldn't call it a ghost town in winter. a reasonable knowledge of spanish would be helpful. Los Nietos is the terminus for a single track railway that runs about every hour into Cartagena

Like 0      
22 Jan 2012 3:00 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

The only Spanish coastal places I have found to be "alive" all year round are Águilas, Mazzaron and Cartagena...but they are all towns. But are most definately worth visiting. 

Like 0      
22 Jan 2012 4:59 PM by mrnkar Star rating in Lancashire. 55 posts Send private message

Thanks for your replies and I will certainly look around the different areas when I come over. The main reson I am considering here is that the rental prices seem a lot lower beachside here than La Cala. I don't speak much Spanish but can understand it and get by.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

advice on rental contracts and use of avals - 0 posts
Looking for work in spain this summer - 5 posts
Mojon Hills, what's the forum view, good, great place to invest? - 7 posts
Hello - 2 posts
has anyone purchased at Lomas, Vera Playa, 2 bed 1 bath from €59k - 18 posts
removal of name on deeds on jointly owned house - 8 posts
10 Litre Double Electric Fryer For Sale 200Euros - 0 posts
8 pot Bain Marie and Meat carvery Unit for sale 850Euros - 2 posts
You could save up to 25% on you electricity Bill - 0 posts
Anyone want to share a van? - 0 posts
Are Brittany ferries the only way of getting from UK to Spain avoiding the drive through France? - 20 posts
Community law solicitor - Orihuela Costa - 5 posts
Wanted - Rental Hacienda del Alamo (oct 2012-mar 2013). - 0 posts
IKEA Bunk bed for sale - 0 posts
Indian orfanage. - 1 posts
Help! - 4 posts
Satalite T.V. - 7 posts
Do I need a prescription to get this medication in Spain? - 5 posts
Working in Gib, living in Spain - who do we pay tax to? - 33 posts
Dentist (Filling Needed!) - 4 posts
help needed to trace my friend - 0 posts
Squatters - 22 posts
NIE Expiry date? (Non and Resident type) - 3 posts
mijas golf estate - 1 posts
Car hire at Faro. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x