advice on rental contracts and use of avals

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by simplysoul Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I've been living in the same flat since April 2010, and have received 2 consecutive 11 months contract, which I signed without understanding spanish law. I've recently realised that I should have been issued a vivienda contract (which gives me rights to remain in the property for upto 5 years) and not a temporada.  My current contract is coming to an end on 13 February and I want to address the issue of having the wrong contract.  I went to my local consumer office but they said they couldn't help because I was renting directly from a company and there were no estate agents involved but confirmed the contract was incorrect and said that the only way to resolve it was to go to court.  I think this is extreme and want to resolve issues amicably with the owners. 

When I first viewed the property, I brought a translator and I was advised that the company would require a 6 months Aval/bank guarnantee in order to secure the property in addition to 1 month's deposit.  I signed the contract on the basis of this understanding, but found that the contract now stipulated that I was required to produce a new aval every 6 months. I have written several letters to the owners explaining I'd been misinformed by the building manager of the conditions of the property but it doesn't make any difference,  they continue to ignore my complaint.(the reason I'm unhappy is that the bank charges 200€ every 6 months to renew this, as well as freezing the equivalent of 6 months rent in my account). 

The other issue I have is, if I move out before the aval expires, I still have to continue to pay the rent for the remaining period, even if i give notice on the property.

I want to write to the owners of the property and wondered if any one can provide any advice on how to do this professionally and get them to act reasonably and issue the correct contract type without an aval (hopefully). 

When I've spoken to people they tell me there are plenty of flats to rent but I'm settled here and why should I move if I'm paying my rent on time and behaving like a responsible tenant.

Help please !

simplysoul

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for work in spain this summer - 5 posts
Mojon Hills, what's the forum view, good, great place to invest? - 7 posts
Hello - 2 posts
has anyone purchased at Lomas, Vera Playa, 2 bed 1 bath from €59k - 18 posts
removal of name on deeds on jointly owned house - 8 posts
10 Litre Double Electric Fryer For Sale 200Euros - 0 posts
8 pot Bain Marie and Meat carvery Unit for sale 850Euros - 2 posts
You could save up to 25% on you electricity Bill - 0 posts
Anyone want to share a van? - 0 posts
Are Brittany ferries the only way of getting from UK to Spain avoiding the drive through France? - 20 posts
Community law solicitor - Orihuela Costa - 5 posts
Wanted - Rental Hacienda del Alamo (oct 2012-mar 2013). - 0 posts
IKEA Bunk bed for sale - 0 posts
Indian orfanage. - 1 posts
Help! - 4 posts
Satalite T.V. - 7 posts
Do I need a prescription to get this medication in Spain? - 5 posts
Working in Gib, living in Spain - who do we pay tax to? - 33 posts
Dentist (Filling Needed!) - 4 posts
help needed to trace my friend - 0 posts
Squatters - 22 posts
NIE Expiry date? (Non and Resident type) - 3 posts
mijas golf estate - 1 posts
Car hire at Faro. - 0 posts
Please contact - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x