Iberdrola article in this weeks Euroweekly News

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by carsafe Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Has anybody read the article about Iberdrola ICP confusion in this weeks Euroweekly News? any comments?

It appears that they want to try to upgrade everybody,try is the pertinent word because tens of thousands of properties are sometimes only visited a couple of times a year,so how can they hope to deal with this situation if the owners do not have anybody with keys/access to the properties.

This message was last edited by carsafe on 02/11/2011.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2011 3:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have not seen the article (this week’s edition is not due out until tomorrow).

I know that where they have notified people that an ICP is required and one has not been installed, they are surcharging the subscriber.

But how would / could proceed, depends how serious they are.  If very serious, then an official notice to the address,  then cut off the supply after say two weeks, if the customer has not contacted them. That would get a reaction in most cases.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2011 8:13 PM by CarBillDyer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

they seem to have found a great way - at our expense!

We have bought a property on an urbanisation. Did not know there was no meter (it had been removed as the property was a repossession) until we rang to ask them to switch on the power. We were told to rewire (it is a commercial property) cost around €12000 so far. Now the technician from Iberdrola has arrived and they have decided that we have to pay for new fuses to the building that houses the meters and that all the meters are to be upgraded before they will add any more meters. We know the urbanisation will not pay for this so in the first instance we will be expected to do thisat a cost of many thousands of euros - impossible for us, so we cannot proceed and open our business, so we will probably lose it and go bankrupt and secondly anybody else on the urb that wants to be connected where Iberdrola have previously removed the meter will suffer the same. So somebody eventually will be paying to upgrade.

How can this be legal or fair?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can you work on saints days? - 3 posts
Publication by the planning department of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Car hire from home is it legal - 5 posts
Television - 2 posts
BUYING AND SELLING EXPERIENCES IN SPAIN - 8 posts
Water Deposit risks? - 8 posts
advert not showing after content change to details - 1 posts
Modern style Chests of Drawers for Sale - 0 posts
ROTA Spain Recycling and second hand stores - 2 posts
Water park - 5 posts
The Phantom Airport... or should that be Airports - 4 posts
Scooter For Sale. - 0 posts
Liberated Co-ownership - 14 posts
Car Hire again folks - 3 posts
Extra Buzon for the Correos? - 1 posts
it is not just Spain - 9 posts
Spanish Reg car for sale on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Please help explain my Iberdrola bill to me - 1 posts
Beat this for a bank robbery - 1 posts
Renting a parcela for commercial use in the summer - what rent? - 0 posts
How long does a bond apply - 1 posts
excuse me this is test of editing - 0 posts
Thule Rapid System Car Roof Bars with Locks - 2 posts
Pace DS445NB SKY box - 0 posts
Micra Photos (see ad below) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x