Beat this for a bank robbery

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

A lady friend has, against my advice, just opened an account at Lloyds Bank International in Fuengirola. As a dependent she is of very limited means; has little money and her chances of employment are pretty low. I can’t remember when she last had more than €100 in her account.

They signed her up – at €20 a month. She is close to tears; she knows she has been ripped of. Why didn’t they just rifle her pockets and handbag whilst she was in there? Is there a difference?

I cannot believe that there are people who would do such a thing to anyone, especially an unemployed young woman. How the hell do they sleep at night? As Woody Guthrie said: ‘As through this world I've wandered I've seen lots of funny men, some will rob you with a six gun and some with a fountain pen." 

Banks; I would line their directors up against a wall; I really would. I will try and recover the situation for her. Sorry, I am so annoyed.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
31 Oct 2011 2:58 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

While I agree with your sentiments, no one is forcing her to open an account with Lloyds.    There is no shortage of banks in Spain and one of them must have a no frills account suitable for those of lesser means. (half the population?)

Lloyds used to be a good bank up to about 5 years ago, but now they have plummeted  to the bottom of the pile with their stupid tricks.  They have no interest in retail banking and have a total disregard for their customers.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Renting a parcela for commercial use in the summer - what rent? - 0 posts
How long does a bond apply - 1 posts
excuse me this is test of editing - 0 posts
Thule Rapid System Car Roof Bars with Locks - 2 posts
Pace DS445NB SKY box - 0 posts
Micra Photos (see ad below) - 0 posts
Nissan Micra 2006 LHD Spanish plates - 3 posts
Editing a post - 8 posts
Seal for oven - 6 posts
Transport of goods from UK to Spain - 7 posts
WATERPROOFING TERRACE WITH CAUCHO - 8 posts
no paper work ??? - 4 posts
The Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal 2011 - 1 posts
iPhone 3GS, 32GB for sale - 0 posts
End of the road - 5 posts
Mediterranean Roast Chicken - Yum! - 7 posts
Long term rental required in Manilva, La Duquesa, Sabinillas area - 0 posts
Unidentified caterpillar/larvae found in garden - 2 posts
Airport road closed - 4 posts
Increased property sales ? - 5 posts
Full/Full Fuel car hire from Gibraltar for longer than 3 days? - 0 posts
Santander to offload! - 1 posts
tobacco allowance - 3 posts
Travel Insurance - 15 posts
EW TELCO?? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x