Granada

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Hi,

I hope to spend a couple of days in Granada before i return to Ireland.  What area is the best to stay in?

Thanks in advance

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 10:49 AM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hola Semo, it depends, if you intend visiting the the Alambra Palace as the Moorish quarter is very close.  We stayed in a lovely boutique hotel (sorry I can't remember the name) and it was possible to walk up to the palace, although there was a bus about 50 metres from the hotel and it cost about a euro.  (It's a nice walk down)  If you intend going to the Palace I would suggest you book your tickets online as the queues are very long.

Hope you have a good time in Granada.

Geoff

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 1:13 PM by Acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Hi Semo,

As Geoff says it depends what floats your boat.  When we went there we stayed at a place that was within walking distance of Al Hambra.  It was good, but you do Al Hambra in a day and it's a bit detached from Grenada.  If we went again I'd probably look to stay in the Realejo district which is more central and a 5 minute bus ride up the hill to Al Hambra.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2011 1:18 PM by omarell Star rating in Baldock Hertfordshir.... 47 posts Send private message

Hola Semo

My name is Omar I recently visited Granada and stayed at the Hotel Alcazares,this is situated a few hundred yards from the Alhambra. It is a good 4 star hotel and quite reasonably priced.The bus service from the Hotel to town is frequent.The fare is 1euro 20 cents 1 way.We usually walked down to town and returned by bus as it is quite an uphill walk .the bus stop is outside the hotel.

If you get the chance book a trip to the Sierra Nevada.The views are stunning.

Enjoy yourselves

Omarell

Like 0      
10 Oct 2011 10:51 AM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for your replies.  It gives me something to think about.  One more question is it better to visit  the palace during the day or the night tour.

Thanks in advance

Like 0      
10 Oct 2011 1:07 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hola Semo, I would say it's best during the day as there are a lot of things to see outside (inside the walls) i.e. gardens and water systems and much more, as well as the views from the palace walls. 

Hope you enjoy it.

Geoff

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Primark Malaga - 0 posts
SUNFLOWER SEED OIL CAPSULES - 0 posts
Reduced Winter rate -Long Term Rental in beautiful Andalucia - 0 posts
Looking for a hotel in or near marbella - family room - 0 posts
Free to good home: German Shepherd - 0 posts
The World vs Wall Street - 1 posts
Summer School job - 6 posts
Twins on Costa del Sol - 1 posts
Translating medical reports - 22 posts
Who is the President - 9 posts
Long term 3 bed rental quesada, dona pepa - 1 posts
IKEA Job Interview - 2 posts
Telephone contract in Owner's or Tenant's name? - 4 posts
CAMPER VAN FOR SALE - 0 posts
Thinking of buying in Escoznar - 2 posts
furniture - 0 posts
Outdoor furniture repair/restoration - 1 posts
Address on Driving Licence - 8 posts
thanks iam looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom longterm rentals in fuengirola price 450€ or 500€ - 1 posts
That brilliant video - 2 posts
PROPERTY BUYING AND SELLING PROCESS - 1 posts
Poppie - 0 posts
Parking -Jose Rico Perez Stadium, Alicante - 0 posts
Pressure blasting - 0 posts
Motorhome for sale - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x