Area of Alhama de Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by dawnnie Star rating in UK soon to be Alhama.... 3 posts Send private message

Hiya everyone, I am new to forums etc, bit scary, ha ha!!

We have the opportunity to rent a house in Alhama next year on a long lease, the house is beautiful, pool, fully furnished etc. I have googled the area but not enough info, I really want to know how convenient the area is ie: food stores, schools, health centres (Doctor), chemist etc! My husband and I have 3 young children aged 3, 5 and 8 so would be hoping there is a school local!

We will be well self sufficient for atleast 12 months, we have been talking to other ex pats about cost of living in Spain an we know its not as cheap as it was! We were hoping to look for jobs as soon as we move but again speaking to ex pats, jobs are very scarse! So if we land lucky!  Even if we only stay in Spain for the 12 months we have lost nothing but gained an experience! Anyway back to my question, ha ha!!! As much info on Alhama de Murcia would be very much appreciated, links, websites send them all to me!

Many, many thankyou's

Dawn xx

Like 0      
20 Jul 2011 10:24 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

Reasonable sized very Spanish town with a school and kindergarten and at least one of everything else you have listed plus good railway link to the cities of Murcia, Lorca and coastal town of Aguilas . But as for work , well, even the bilingual Spanish can´t seem to find any around here but as you say whatever happens it will be a great experience so enjoy.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2011 10:38 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

Alhama has all the facilities you mentioned ( Mercadona and Aldi supermarkets)and a good market on Tues. The neighbouring town of Totana is also a friendly little place. I know there are schools but cannot comment about them as we have no children here.

From the description you gave I would guess that the house is in the campo and if so you might need a car to get to the facilities. In fact I woud suggest a car to get to  the areas attractions. The main shopping centres such as Nueva Condomina and Thader are just off the A7 motorway whichis about 30 mins from Alhama. There is also a Terra Natura ( zoo) and Aquapark near there that all the children love. The city of Murcia is interesting with the cathedral and museums etc.

Cartagena also has a shopping centre,  Parque Mediterraneo, with all the usual shops plus Carrefour. There are also lots of other museums and shops in the city itself. Cartagena is my personal favourite.

The nearest beach will probably be Mazzaron and the other nearby beaches at La Azohia, Isla Plana and Bolnuevo. I think they will be nearer than Aguilas but do not quote me on that LOL.

There is a website which gives lots of info about the area and things to do etc. It will give you a real flavour of the area. It is www.simplynetworking.es

If you need any further info just send us a message.

Jean

Like 0      
22 Jul 2011 10:56 PM by dawnnie Star rating in UK soon to be Alhama.... 3 posts Send private message

Thanks ever so much for your replies, I very much appreciate all the info you have both given! Its a bit scary and I have lots to study at the moment!

All the best

Dawn x

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

For Justin the boy - 2 posts
Petition To Stop Travel Insurance Companies Denying Immediate Care To Stoke And Heart Attack Patients - 8 posts
State secondarary school - 4 posts
Bureau de change Torrevieja, at last - 3 posts
Should we have the original Escritura de Compraventa (title deed) if we have completed with no mortgage - 10 posts
Sun beds - 2 posts
CPS check Spain - 5 posts
Tax advice on moving to Spain - 2 posts
sewage! - 6 posts
Moving To Estepona - 1 posts
Currency Exchange - 1 posts
disco equipment - 0 posts
walkie talkies adult - 0 posts
A.D CLAIMS & LITIGATION MANAGEMENT - 2 posts
Big Mat - 6 posts
For Justin - 5 posts
Beaches on Costa - 11 posts
Grant Application in Asturias - 0 posts
Certificate of conformity for Spanish registered car - 8 posts
Fortecstar 1.8m Sat Dish in Northern Spain - 2 posts
Newbie - 0 posts
For sale - 0 posts
info for the legal system in Spain - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 0 posts
Dog hotel: Santander - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x