Starting new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras in Malaga Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by simon.aipcameras Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi, my name is Simon and I currently live in Almeria Province. I have recently started a new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras. I am contemplating relocating to Malaga Area to promote my business.

My business aim is to set up/enhance small community neighbourhood watch schemes so you can monitor and record in real time each other's properties from anywhere in the world via your pc/laptop or mobile phone without having to pay a monthly fee.

My website is aipcameras  - A currently stands for Almeria but could easily be changed to Andalucia or A...

I would appreciate any feedback regarding the viability of relocating to Malaga Area and starting such a new business adventure!!

Regards, Simon 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:12 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

Yes there is a demand for it in Malaga area as long as you are fully licenced with the Andalucia authorities.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:52 PM by simon.aipcameras Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Bigwilly, thanks for the advice,

I would of course be fully licenced and registered as a legit business with the Andalucian authorities as my wife and I want to start paying into the system, etc.

Regards, Simon

Can anyone recommend a good accountant?

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 4:25 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

i will order a few camera off you then.

the only ones i could find were ones without a the installers licence and i couldnt take the risk.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 5:01 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

did I read somewhere external cameras require some sort of registration under data protection laws if focussed on public property etc

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 5:28 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

Yeah its a major problem

anyone who walks in front of an unlicenced camera can claim all sorts of stuff from you.

sexual harassment, victimization, spying

its a mental law

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 12:22 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Possibly Simon for AIPCAMERAS as a professional working in this area would give us chapter and verse on legalities.

Also it sounds like this set up requires a telephone line and ADSL connection which not all non-residents have but also what heppens with all the power cuts and sometimes needing to re-boot routers which you can't do if sitting in London?

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 12:50 PM by simon.aipcameras Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Bigwilly, thanks but it will not be until later this year before we relocate to Malaga area, although we will probably come over in the next month or 2 to have a look around the area.  

In the meantime please have a look at aipcameras website to get an idea on prices, spec, etc, especially the professional high speed dome IP cameras with pan tilt zoom (10 x optical and 10 x digital) and the 2.0 megapixel IP cameras.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 2:46 PM by simon.aipcameras Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Faro, thanks for taking an interest and replying back.

I need to do some reasearch regarding legalities, possible tresspass infringements, etc.

Regarding power blips the cameras and routers should automatically continue working once power is restored and do not need switching back on or rebooting.

One main problem in and around Almeria province, outside the main towns in the campo, etc, is lack of internet service, or clients cannot justify the expense of having an internet connection when they mostly live in the UK and only come over maybe 2 or 3 times a year (I am sure this is the same in the Malaga area).

My aim is to get friends and (good) neighbours who live fairly local (up to 15km, maybe even 50km depending on local terain) to share an internet connection/cost with bandwidth speed upgrade, where possible, with each other by extending the WIFI range of their Router/LAN (local area network) using outdoor high powered AP's (Access Points)/Routers/Bridges/Repeaters with high gain Antennas.

This would enable clients who currently do not have internet access through lack of coverage/too costly to have an IP security camera/cameras to protect their property when they are not there. They would be able to connect to their IP camera remotely (from UK) via a PC or mobile smart phone and also receive email alerts to hotmail account/mobile smart phone and also have them sent to their friends/neighbours/neighbourhood watch scheme.

You would also be able to view your friends/neighbours properties in real-time, take snapshots and video recordings from each others camera automatically by simply clicking on split screen on your pc and clicking snapshot/record button - this of course can be disabled by simply unticking a box when you are sunbathing/want your own privacy - if you are all connected to the same Router/LAN you can still do all of this even when the internet is down - apart from logging on to your camera remotely from UK.

Hope I have not been too technical on any of this but I do have a passion for making all of this happen.

Digital IP cameras, especially high speed dome with p/t/z and 2.0 megapixel cameras is all state-of-the-art technology and is gradually phasing out the older technology Analogue CCTV cameras where you record to a Video Recorder which would be the first thing a burglar would steal after a break in (recored evidence).

Most of the IP cameras that I install have inbuilt 2 way audio, inbuilt microphone, infrared night vision, alarm inputs and outputs (on some IP cameras the software/firmware for some of these features are still being developed and will be available by free firmware upgrade over the next couple of months).

What this means, in theory then is this:

You could be having a meal in a restaurant say in London and you get an email alert on your smart phone with a picture/pictures of an intruder outside your premises (it may be someone you know or they could have a balaclava on).

You immediatley connect to your IP camera at your property in Spain from your smart phone and shout at the intruder telling them to go away (maybe not so polite) as the guadia have been informed and your neighbours have been alerted and are on their way over - you can also hear them if they reply back - so if it was a friend you could talk to each other using the camera as a phone.

At the same time as you got the email alert, a bedroom light has been automatically switched on and a recording of you shouting at a big dog inside your house has been activated or a smoke alarm has been activated, etc.

At the same time also, your friends and neighbours have also received an email alert with a picture/pictures of the intruder and one or more have logged onto their own camera and clicked on split screen and is looking at the intruder and making a video recording - all in real-time on their own PC.

Hope this explains briefly what these IP cameras are capable of and thanks for taking the time time to read.

Regards, Simon

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 3:34 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

I think you will have the same problems and more with connections in Malaga that you do with Almeria.

But the wifi is a good idea in thory but remember the new laws about wifi antennas.

Its legal to have one in a community now without a licence but the licence outside a community has got much worse due to the Nanoboxes that took out the Movistar connection.

Main thing is you need to look into the legal stuff for the camera stuff and the legal stuff for the sharing connections (not legal because isps hate it).

Those are the two blockers for me not running my wifi business anymore in andalucia.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 5:07 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Sadly not all routers re-start as they should. I have one Netgear router which if there is a blip in electricity then you have to turn off for about 20mins before re-connecting. Of course you could cure that problem with a UPS.

I know one or two communities that have installed a wireless system

Try and speak to PC Doctor in Fuengirola aka Electornbox as they have some community products and might be interested in a camera add-on option etc.

I know people who had monitored alarms and they cancelled becuase it require telephone line and that's even expensive.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

illegal homes in spain 4 - 0 posts
EX16 now EX19 Fee increases - 0 posts
Andalucia, Increases in water charges. - 0 posts
Problems with SKY+ - 4 posts
HiFX to charge - 17 posts
Objection to AGM Minutes - 3 posts
Cheap 7 Seater for sale in Murcia - No more car rental - 0 posts
COURT CASE VICTORY - 11 posts
restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts
Anyone Living Around Benahavis or in Los Arqueros, La Quinta etc Resorts ?? - 3 posts
Insurance for UK property when in Spain - 9 posts
thinking of moving!! - 0 posts
La Siesta, Denia - insolvent developer and bank! - 0 posts
The Wok in La Cala - 5 posts
How can one find the Identity of a person from their NIE - 4 posts
what to do in valencia - 7 posts
Trying to get my deposit back!!! - 6 posts
What to do in and around Vera - 1 posts
Legal tip 552. Case Law on Banks liability when NO Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Is Europe risponsable of my losts? - 0 posts
(Video) Coca Cola Around the World (Bunol and Pamplona too!!) - 2 posts
illegal homes in Spain 3 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x