POPPIE (Protection of Property Purchased in Europe) - a new association

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by AUAN Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

• Do you live in the UK?
  • Has your dream home in Spain turned into a bit of a nightmare?
  • Do you feel that the UK government could do more to help you?

If YES, then please consider joining POPPIE (Protection of Property Purchased in Europe), a new UK based association that aims to lobby the British government and focus its attention on the plight of thousands of British citizens who have become victims of one or more of the pitfalls in the Spanish Property Market.

POPPIE is a fledgling association. It will not succeed without YOUR support. So, don’t wait for someone else to solve your problem because they are probably relying on you!

For more information, please contact POPPIE on 'info@buyerbewarespain.eu' 

Like 0      
09 Jul 2011 11:40 AM by lonelyvalley Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Tried to email you on the link but the message failed with a "permanent error" - do you have another email address or have you given up?

Like 0      
09 Jul 2011 1:48 PM by AUAN Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi lonelyvalley,

Some people seem to have problems clicking on the link to go directly into their email system.

Try copying or typing the email address into your email application instead. The email address is still functioning.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2011 3:09 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi AUAN,

Is it possible to give us a bit more information on this thread, regarding  your association please ?

This message was last edited by belucky358 on 09/07/2011.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2011 11:19 AM by AUAN Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi belucky358,

The organisers have provided me with the following information.

POPPIE has been formed as an English – registered limited liability not-for-profit company, but currently lacks sufficient numbers of individuals committed to making it a success for it to be launched. 

AUAN have kindly offered to publicise POPPIE’s existence, in the hope of attracting people who would be able to fulfil roles as directors (i.e. prime organisers).  Whilst as a UK company, POPPIE may technically only need one director, we feel that it is vital to have between 2 and 4 directors initially to share the organisation and formulate policy.  In that way, the ideas that we already have for lobbying politicians and heightening in the media the awareness of problems experienced in Spain can be more effectively implemented and new initiatives developed – many hands make light work! At the moment, on my own, progress can only be intermittent.

I have an offer to compile the membership list for circulation purposes and also offers from others to attend meetings with politicians so offers of administration and other support are already coming in, but not at director level. We need more organisers, though, who are able to take the initiative, so we can launch POPPIE as an active association in the UK.  I highlight below why it is thought POPPIE should be launched:

Why a UK Association at all?

There are several associations in Spain which actively represent those who have problems related to property in Spain or fear they may have such problems in the future.  Those associations have as their umbrella association a national body FAUN.  These associations are changing attitudes in Brussels but have yet to achieve change within Spain, despite all their hard work.

Many of those affected are UK citizens.  In order to keep the Spanish property issues in the headlines in the UK and in order to lobby UK MPs and MEPs more effectively, a formal UK association should be set up, to co-ordinate effective action in the UK.  This will add pressure for change in Spain.

Why now?

The Spanish property market is currently deep in recession.  All those dependent on its resurgence are currently ignoring the structural problems that have afflicted it and still do.  Now is the time to impress upon the Spanish politicians that, without legislative change, there is no good reason why foreign investors should buy property in Spain again in the future. 

There is support in the European Parliament and also amongst domestic UK MPs.  The Telegraph Online is now running a campaign in support of those with property related problems in Spain.  For POPPIE to launch now is an opportune time for it to add pressure for change. 

Who should join?

Anyone with problems directly or broadly related to:

·       Problems with off plan purchases

·       Land grab by developers

·       Coastal law problems

·       Revoked planning permission or fraudulent assurances that planning permission would be forthcoming

When can I join?

As soon as we have a core of volunteers to run POPPIE.  It is not intended that becoming a director need be an onerous (never mind full-time) job, which is why we need more volunteers to spread the load.  As soon as we have sufficient volunteers, we will publicise the formal launch.  If you would like to volunteer to contribute in any capacity, please let me know.

How much does it cost to join?

As the board of directors of POPPIE may live some distance from each other, and as they will need to attend meetings with politicians in London and elsewhere, some sort of fighting fund will be needed in due course.  However, the intention is to attract as large a number of members as is possible, so membership itself is likely to be free in the first year, with requests for small voluntary donations once POPPIE is up and running and an idea of a required budget for its activities arrived at and circulated.  POPPIE can be effective on a very low budget, but it is not considered to be in POPPIE’s best interests only to be able to attract potential directors and organisers beneath them who can afford to finance POPPIE from their own pockets as well as put in the lion’s share of hard work to make POPPIE a success.

The sooner we have offers of help, the sooner we can launch and start to make a difference. Regards

Jonathan

Protection of Property Purchased in Europe Limited

Registered in England and Wales number: 07645351

Registered Office: Curzon House, Southernhay West, Exeter, Devon EX1 1RS

This message was last edited by AUAN on 10/07/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

POPPIE (Protection of Property Purchased in Europe) – a new association - 0 posts
Hooray, I have got my deposit back - Thanks to Costaluz Lawyers - 9 posts
palmera properties - 2 posts
Are total block to view hedges around communal pools legal - 11 posts
Babysitter wanted! - 2 posts
Clients care job in Algeciras - 0 posts
Which Telephone Company In Spain??? - 4 posts
Property Help - 1 posts
Article on Newbie Ex-pats - 2 posts
Urbanisations & abandoned vehicles - 6 posts
85 euros one way - 12 posts
Wanted: a new mobile phone... - 0 posts
For Sale two single bed base's silver - 1 posts
Roda Gold - threatening to sue for breach of contract because I cannot complete - 10 posts
could someone tell me what FRACT: means please - 5 posts
local house tax suma - 7 posts
Chris Barber - Have you seen this fraudster? - 2 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Leather shop Fuengirola - 5 posts
AVE discout prices - 2 posts
EndessaElectric Bill - 0 posts
Language - 25 posts
Legal tip 554. Debt reductions by Courts - 0 posts
Two silver single bed frames only - 0 posts
Pages not displaying properly in iPad - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x