Urbanisations & abandoned vehicles

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Anyone dealt with this problem?

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 1:44 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

If you are speaking about abandonde vehicles, you need to let the police know, let me tell you though, you can be waiting up to a year before they proceed to take the vehicle away,

Joan

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 3:23 PM by Johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Abandoned or 'parked ? '

Many people who have a holiday home here seem to think they should be allowed to 'park long term' on the road whilst they are back in their home country.

In my view, such vehicles should be removed.  A person who wants to use a vehicle for just maybe a few weeks a year should park it off road.

In the town where I live, a considerable amount of money has been paid to construct underground parking.  I have no doubt that if 'long term' parking could be avoided some of that money could have been saved.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 3:27 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

We had an abandoned car on the car park at our flat.  Some Portugese visitors had brought a clapped out Peugot with them and then left without taking it (to be honest, they probably couldn't move it).  The Police said it was private land but they would take note of the details.  They wouldn't allow us to tow it off the urb.  We reported it every month for over 6 months until it was finally removed.  On the other hand, an obviously abandoned vehicle on the road near another urb was removed after just a couple of days.  Maybe you could push it off the urb and then report it?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 3:39 PM by Johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bobaol:-

Maybe you could push it off the urb and then report it?

In UK by moving it you could be charged with Taking and Driving Away (includes pushing) etc.

It may be the same in Spain.   You would  also be the one depositing the car on the highway etc. and could be fined.

Moral of this:  if you were to move such a vehicle,  don't get caught !!!

This message was last edited by Johnzx on 01/07/2011.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 4:14 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I should have put "maybe you could push it off the urb at night".

Yes, good advice there.  Don't get caught.  The one we had was a nuisance, though, as it was not even properly parked and was taking up 2 spaces.  It also started to smell after a while, all that dirt and oil throughout the summer months.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2011 6:46 PM by dalilamba Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

there is a company which will contact the owners of the vehicles and serve notice that the vehicle will be removed if they are causing a nuisance or have been abandoned,  they can be reached on 693511296 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

85 euros one way - 12 posts
Wanted: a new mobile phone... - 0 posts
For Sale two single bed base's silver - 1 posts
Roda Gold - threatening to sue for breach of contract because I cannot complete - 10 posts
could someone tell me what FRACT: means please - 5 posts
local house tax suma - 7 posts
Chris Barber - Have you seen this fraudster? - 2 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Leather shop Fuengirola - 5 posts
AVE discout prices - 2 posts
EndessaElectric Bill - 0 posts
Language - 25 posts
Legal tip 554. Debt reductions by Courts - 0 posts
Two silver single bed frames only - 0 posts
Pages not displaying properly in iPad - 1 posts
la herencia de casares - 5 posts
Finally here! - 5 posts
NIE applications by power of attorney - 29 posts
Wealth tax - 2 posts
INCORRECT ROAD SIGNS - 2 posts
Why to invest in Andalucia? - 5 posts
Can we register and pay for Autonamo to get onto Spanish Health System - 12 posts
cement mixer and wheel barrow - wanted - 1 posts
accessing BBC iplayer from Spain - 9 posts
iPlayer and others proxy that works well!! - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x