Obtaining a Spanish birth certificate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by costamatt Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster! I just wanted to get some advice as I am getting conflicting information from everywhere. Just wondering how hard it is to get a Spanish birth certificate, in particular from the Marbella Registro Civil. Is it a wait in line all day job like so many other things here?

I need to get this right first time  and not be turned away because I don't have some document or another so any advice would be gratefully received. 

Thanks in advance. 

Matt

* I have no idea how this ended up in the airport forum. If someone could move it that would be great : )

This message was last edited by costamatt on 10/06/2011.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 3:53 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

It might be an idea to phone them first and make enquiries.

Failing that, and if you are short of time, perhaps it might be advisable to use a "gestoría".

Patricia

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 3:55 PM by costamatt Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I have tried phoning them but no-one seems to answer and my spanish is patchy at best. I was wondering if I could canvas the experience of others to get an idea of what I can expect. 

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 4:05 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Cant help here but you would do well to read this earlier thread....

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-11186.aspx

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 4:21 PM by costamatt Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I saw that, it's scary stuff. I will definitely make sure I register the baby on time! Just wondering if anyone had much experience of the registros themselves, particularly in Marbella. Is it an easy process? A long wait? Does anyone speak English there? 

Thanks again, 

Matt.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 12:52 PM by costamatt Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

If anyone who has done this can tell me what they give you back on the day you go there I would be very grateful. Do you have to wait for the book? Do they give you a certificate on the day?

Thanks!

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 2:15 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

My advice is to use a gestoria, they dont normally charge much for these kind of matters and you have piece of mind it will be done properly without having to be there for hours and being sent back and forth.

If you want i have the details of the one i use in Torremolinos who is very good and cheap and always does my paperwork promptly and correctly, even if they are in Torremolinos they deal with matters all over the coast.

Joan

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 2:39 PM by costamatt Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Joan that would be great. The baby must be registered in Marbella though so would this person come with me do you think? 

Thanks.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 3:15 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Im sure this would not be a problem, their details are:

Asesoria Jose Maria Caro Jimenez 

Joan

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 3:34 PM by costamatt Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

That's brilliant Joan thanks so much. Do you know if they have an email address?

In the meantime if anyone knows what documents you get on the day and what ones you have to wait for I still be grateful.

Also if a moderator could move this from the flights forum to somewhere more suitable.... :)

This message was last edited by costamatt on 13/06/2011.

This message was last edited by costamatt on 13/06/2011.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2011 4:24 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Here is the email for Paqui Leon who works there, not sure if she is the one that would deal with this particular matter but im sure she will send the email onto the relevant person paqui@asesoriacaro.com

Joan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Another Win For Costaluz Lawyers - 5 posts
Lazy Z Spa hot tub - 2 posts
SEGWAY FOR HIRE - 0 posts
WHERE TO PAY TAXES - 10 posts
Reposession by Cambank - 12 posts
U.K. in Spain - 4 posts
spanish personal tax allowances - 8 posts
How do I contact Ryanair? - 23 posts
buying a car with outstanding taxes and an embargo - 2 posts
Selling a property - 0 posts
Spain Local Guide Marketplace - 0 posts
Death certificate help - 1 posts
Wireless Speaker adaptor for Desktop PC - 0 posts
Illegal Rentals - 6 posts
Setting up a business in Spain / Importing into Spain - 2 posts
The EU - PROTECTING THE RIGHT TO PROPERTY - SEMINAR - 61 posts
French Classic Clock - 4 posts
WINDOW CLEANER - 0 posts
Telefonica 6MB - how to get it? - 4 posts
ADVICE NEEDED TO CHANGE INTERNET PROVIDER - 7 posts
Garden Of Eden ....A Tribute - 4 posts
Leaving a Rental Contract Early in Madrid - 12 posts
New Memeber - 4 posts
Spanish cucumbers - 13 posts
wanted a 3 cubic mtrs of space on a removal to spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x