EX16 Form TIE Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 May 2011 12:00 AM by P nelly P Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I work in Gibraltar and in order to get medical cover in Spain for both myself and my husband  (who does not have a job, just a small UK  government pension ) I got an S1/E106 Form from Gib.  This has now been received by Ministerio de Trabajo Einmigracion.  Although we both have NIE we now need TIE Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero.  I have the EX16 Forms, but what I need to know is do both my husband and I need to complete one each or do I just put his details on my form at section 2 Datos del Familiar que da drecho a la aplicacion del regimen comunitario.?

Thanks

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 12:58 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Depends what nationality hubby is. If he has EU citizenship then he needs to fill out his own application; if not, and he's applying for residency based on your EU citizenship, then you would fill out the section for "family members with the right to apply......etc.etc". If he is British, he should be able to get an S1 from Newcastle and get healthcare in his own right; you could then get it based on being his "dependent". By the way, if you are EU citizens, you won't get a "tarjeta de identidad", you'll just get a registration certificate that's actually no use as ID.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 9:34 AM by P nelly P Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Roberto

Thanks for your reply. 

We already have NIEs as we have a Spanish bank account and morgage, but these were obtained under the old system.

My husband is British but has not worked since 2004 when I got a job in Gib.  We left Gib in 2008 and now live in Spain. My understanding was that as he had not paid NI in the UK for more than 3 years he was not entitled to a UK S1, however since October 2008, when he was 60, he pays UK  tax on his work pension, so I will get him to contact Newcastle and see what they say.

P

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 10:29 AM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Unless your husband is a retired public servant, and he is resident in Spain on a permanent basis, you should look at his paying tax in UK on his works pension, since this may not be correct.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 11:08 AM by P nelly P Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

marcbernard

He is a retired public /civil/servant so can only pay UK tax on his pension.  When he gets to 65 and becomes entitled to his state pension he intends to have this taxed under the Spanish system, as he has been advised this will be the most beneficial financially.

P

This message was last edited by P nelly P on 01/06/2011.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 7:21 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

When you said he receives a government pension I wrongly assumed you meant the UK state pension, so apologies for any confusion caused. Anyway, hope you're clear on the EX-16. One each, for which you will each get a useless piece of green paper stating you are resident in Spain.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 8:36 PM by P nelly P Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Roberto

Thanks again. Called DWP today hubby cannot get a S1 as has not paid contributions for 7 years and is not yet 65 for his state pension.

I need a as you caled piece of useless green paper in order to activate my entitlement through the S1 system in Spain. DWP UK, says he should have been included on the S1 I got from Social Security in Gibraltar, so need to go back to them.  I did ask Gib at the time I got yhe form but they said Spanish side would put him on, UK says they are wrong.

Why is nothing ever simple?

Like 0      
01 Jun 2011 8:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Although the green piece of paper is useless as ID, it does of course have its uses nonetheless. If you are resident in Spain you should have it anyway. Why is nothing ever simple? Because life would be boring!

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A member of ours here, Tinasolera has been nominated for Coastrider Pride of Spain 2011. Vote for our Tina! - 2 posts
New Murcia Tram DSystem is Open - 1 posts
P.A.D. ANIMAL RESCUE - 0 posts
Thule Evolution 700 Car Roof Box - 0 posts
Thule Rapid System Car Roof Bars with Locks - 0 posts
Problem with delivery my order - 0 posts
holiday apartment not a house?? - 9 posts
statutes of horizontal law - 1 posts
24 HOURS LEFT: SIGN THE OPEN LETTER TO DAVID LIDINGTON - 9 posts
Minimums for tax - 9 posts
InSpain TV - 3 posts
How to complaining about Administrator and Presidents running of AGM - 2 posts
mire - 1 posts
Raleigh Tucana Mountain Bike for sale - 7 posts
Harbour lights! - 3 posts
Items for sale - 4 posts
Seat cordobad for sale - 0 posts
Conversation exchange spanish-english - 2 posts
Raleigh Tucana Mountain Bike for sale - 0 posts
long term healthcare advice? - 0 posts
English plated BMW 1 series 118i Sport for sale - 0 posts
Case Won and Deposit Returned - 35 posts
airport bus to torrevieja! - 2 posts
Direct-Telecom - 11 posts
Fuengirola late night - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x