Damage From Earthquake

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2011 12:00 AM by mhkrueger Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Now that some time has passed - can find NO reporting any longer on damage assessment.  Does anyone know if there was, in fact, any damage on the A-7 from Murcia to Andalucia?  Had early on heard reports of damage in a tunnel, and/or big cracks across overpasses, etc... but no confirmation.  Will be coming this summer and intended to travel on this highway... would appreciate any updates.  

Like 0      
19 May 2011 9:43 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

There's still news reports in various newspapers: The Euro Weekly News is online too. Front page of the Costa Blanca North edition. Such is the importance of that road that I think, had it been closed, we would be notified and aware of it. Safe journey. - Mike

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
19 May 2011 9:57 PM by minicar Star rating in UK. 57 posts Send private message

hI,

I am going Tuesday Alicante down to Vera on this road - will let you know??

Gary

Like 0      
19 May 2011 10:55 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

Lorca tunnel is open and has been from the day after el terramoto. It was being checked only because it  was the San Diego area of Lorca that initially suffered the most damage. 

Parts of the town will be disprupted for some months though because there are many buildings that have to be made safe or demolished and rebuilt. 

Like 0      
20 May 2011 8:00 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Drove down to Mojacar from Calsaparra yesterday and the route proved no problem around Lorca, with no speed/lane restrictions either.

Like 0      
20 May 2011 8:08 AM by mhkrueger Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

thanks for the "immediate" and "live" information everyone.  Hasta pronta Espana!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

working from home - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 12 posts
will I get healthcare? - 2 posts
south of Spain Help - 11 posts
LFO - 1 posts
Valencia airport to Murcia airport - 9 posts
playpen - 0 posts
UTILITY CONNECTION FEES - 2 posts
cheap guest house / hotel in manilva area. - 3 posts
Mattress 190 x 135, brand new - 0 posts
properties in monda with no habitation licence - 5 posts
Spanish youth rally in Madrid echoes Egypt protests - 11 posts
Honda Goldwing Trike for sale - 1 posts
JUST TWO QUESTIONS I WOULD LIKE YOUR READERS TO APPLY TO - 0 posts
Dispute with a hotel fee - 2 posts
Using Facebook to rent out your property to holidaymakers - 6 posts
New-nationally introduced health, safety and security training for workers in Spain - 0 posts
Any info on Almerimar? - 10 posts
Any lawyer/someone with experience who could be kind and help explain the squatting rights in Spain please - 8 posts
Pet supplies - 2 posts
cant wait to leave uk for good - 0 posts
Televes satelite receiver Spain. uk programmes - 1 posts
Tipping in spain.What do you do? - 7 posts
Healthcare for ex Servicemen - 2 posts
carpet fitting in spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x