El Torre Pacheco.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hello

I am looking at renting a villa on the Polaris site El Torre Pacheco for a few months. I haven't been to the area and was wondering if anyone knows if it is a good place to be.

Any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Like 0      
27 Apr 2011 4:35 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Do you mean La Torre, a Polaris world site near Torre Pacheco in Murcia????

Like 0      
27 Apr 2011 7:28 PM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Yes, I think that's the one :o)

Like 0      
27 Apr 2011 10:55 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

jcaroline

it really depends on what or where you want to be near.

If it is La Torre, it is a large purpose built resort with its own hotel shops bars and restaurants, none of which are cheap. It is not really near any major towns though Roldan village is nearby Torre Pacheco a larger town and Murcia City not to far. Beaches however are a good 20 mins drive and the coastal resorts which offer more in the way of dining etc. are the same distance.

You will definitely need a car unless you are prepared for onsite prices.

There are numerous rental opportunities in the area and you may do well to research further what is around and about.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2011 7:58 AM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Also check out the Mar Menor complex, this was the original Polaris World resort, Also ajacent to Torre Pacheco, slighly nearer to the beaches but the same would apply as in the last post, prices etc.

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      
30 Apr 2011 8:43 PM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks  Hugh

I'll definitely have a look at properties nearer the coast. :o)

Like 0      
30 Apr 2011 8:45 PM by jcaroline Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks MGK

I'll have a look at Mar Menor too. Is that close enough to the coast to cycle? The areas I have seen in Spain seem to lead onto mountains very close to the coast. Would this be the case at Mar Menor? I'd like to be able to cycle to the coast .

Like 0      
01 May 2011 9:17 AM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Yes you could cycle to the coast, the terrain in this area is quite flat, but you can see mountains in the distance.

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      
08 May 2011 9:22 AM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

We stayed on the Polaris mar menor complex on our last but one visit to Los Alcazares and found most of the complex a ghost town with loads of unsold apartments, closed shops and bars. Only the Irish bar and supermarket was open and on 2 nights we were the only ones in the Irish bar.

On a positive the complex is kept very clean and there is security and it is 5 mins drive from Los Alcazares centre.

We have also stayed at La Torre and agree with the comments you need a car as its 20 mins from the coast again though clean and secure.

Like 0      
12 May 2011 11:31 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

I live in a villiage which is about a 5 min drive to the Mar Menor Golf Resort in Torre Pacheco (Polaris World) - in September 2008 my daughter was married  in the hotel (The Intercontinental) followed by a reception for 96 people.  It was a wonderful location and we had a fantastic day.  We also had many guests and family staying on the complex who thouroughly enjoyed their time there.  Some staying for a couple of days whilst some made a holiday of it and stayed for two weeks.

However last summer July 2010 a group of friends who flew over from the UK for the wedding decided that they would like to stay on the complex again - I went to visit them a couple of times and to be honest I was quite shocked how it had deterioated in 2 years - there were lots of empty and unloved properties - some had been striped of all their contents i.e. not only furniture but kitchens, bathrooms etc.  I believe the reason for this was maybe because the house owners had owed money and the baliffs had come in.  Unfortunatley since Polaris World fell into financial diffiuclties the complex has changed drastically - it's still very beautiful and safe with it's gated entrance just a little different to what it was nearly 3 years ago..

From the resort to the beach I would estimate it to be an 10mins drive by car.

Jcaroline - as I live local if there is anything else you would like confirmed please feel free to drop me a note.

La Torre resort is a  totally different resort to The Mar Menor Golf Resort - both originally owned by Polaris World.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Indie IPR Guitar **Reduced* - 0 posts
wanted: los alcazeres(murcia) small apt for 2-first two weeks in sept - 1 posts
Scandal of the Unqualified Doctors! - 17 posts
Gymnastics on the costa? - 0 posts
CRIME IN AGUA NUEVA - 2 posts
new to thread - 1 posts
Car accident insurance form in English - Download - 4 posts
Beckys Tea Room - Los Alcazares - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Latest news - 0 posts
communal pools - 0 posts
Digital TV Box - 10 posts
latest news - 0 posts
Latest news - 0 posts
Latest news - 0 posts
Cancelling contract with Vodafone 3g internet - 40 posts
Prescription advice for uk pensioner - 7 posts
spanish law - 2 posts
Weather! Tell me again ... - 13 posts
Car Swap - 1 posts
WANTED - LONG TERM RENTAL in the Los Alcazaras to Playa flamenca area - 1 posts
Telefónica Tenacity - 7 posts
2011 current rules re sat navs in Spain - 3 posts
Childs car seat - 8 posts
Directions - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x