Childs car seat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by henryreed Star rating in Berkhamsted Herts an.... 154 posts Send private message

Has anyone had to buy a childs car seat in Spain, coming out by car and may be joined later by grandchild, dont really want to take one with me but dont want to pay thro nose for one in spain, I assume spain has laws re children in car similar to uk

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 10:26 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi,

Same rules apply here as in the UK re the use of child car seats and booster seats.

Trafficos can and do check on the correct usage. Heavy fines / points can be applied for non-use or incorrect use.

Carrefour carry a good stock of reasonably priced child car seats.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 11:24 AM by lavge Star rating in Granada. 19 posts Send private message

Car seats are available from any major supermarket and is as far as I remember the prices from the UK not more expensive here.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 12:59 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar
** EDITED - Self promotion **

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 5:58 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We've got one of these www.bubblebum.co.uk - its an inflatable booster seat (so only any good if the child is between 3 and 11) for our grandchildren to save on hiring each time. It fits easily in the hand luggage and always handy at home too when you have an extra child to transport!

Like 0      
24 Apr 2011 6:48 PM by henryreed Star rating in Berkhamsted Herts an.... 154 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your very helpfull posts

Henry

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 1:08 AM by wrixonshea Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I have 2 grandchildren coming out this summer , ages 5 and 8.

Before I go and purchase this inflatable booster seat  , does anyone know if  it is accepted  under Spanish Law

Wrixon

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 9:46 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

I know that before I bought ours I checked on that very same question and the answer was a 'yes' - however I now cant find where I read it! Have searched their website but not found it - although it does say it complies with ECE Regulations (whatever that is!).

Like 0      
26 Apr 2011 10:34 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

It was annoying me that I couldnt find where I had read that the Bubblebum complied with Spanish law so I contacted them and their reply stated that 'the bubblebum is approved to the EU Standard R44.04 and therefore complies with Spanish law'.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Directions - 6 posts
paying bills from the UK - 24 posts
CAR SWAP. UK to Spain - 3 posts
Lemon Tree market Open? - 3 posts
Segundamano issues - 5 posts
Tabacs Shop outside Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Appointing new administrators - 6 posts
Student moving to spain for summer, need help!! - 1 posts
moped for sale - 0 posts
Road traffic offence (not speeding) - 9 posts
Rent to buy contract - 4 posts
Jaens, Guardamar - 5 posts
Help. What is there to do with 3 kids aged 7,6 & 3 when it's raining. - 14 posts
Suma to Tenant - 0 posts
SHOPS & FARMACIA OPEN TODAY IN ESTEPONA OR SABINILLAS - 0 posts
Satellite dish wall mount - 0 posts
Computer desk / printer tractor feed desk. - 0 posts
Re blogs .. for Justin please - 1 posts
Computer desk corner unit - 0 posts
Indie IPR Electric Guitar for sale - 0 posts
Ref Roger Helmer's message - 3 posts
Key Holder - 0 posts
van leaving spain - 0 posts
Urgent need Long Term let Banlmadena - 1 posts
An interview to a Spanish Judge - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x