2011 current rules re sat navs in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Apr 2011 12:00 AM by cathys_here Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

I'm about to buy a sat nav specifically for use in Spain this year, and need up-to-date (2011) info on the current rules regarding use of sat navs in Spain ie: are they allowed as long as the traffic camera warning feature is switched off? Or are only ones without this facility allowed? I hope this is not the case because I've not been able to find one that does all I need, but which doesn't have a traffic camera warning feature. Any advice would be very much appreciated, many thanks.

Cathy

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 6:31 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Well as far as I am aware there is no law that says you can't have the camera warning feature active on your sat nav.  I bought mine in Spain and this was one of the features they were using to sell it, so I assume it is legal.

I think they are ok because sat navs do not actually detect speed cameras, they simply reference a database of known cameras. 

Go ahead and buy that sat nav...you (and I) should be fine.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 12:32 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - as far as I am aware, the only traffic rule about Sat Navs is that you are not allowed to adjust them whilst driving.  Otherwise fully legal.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2011 8:43 PM by cathys_here Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Many thanks Claire & Justin, that's very helpful. I can go ahead and buy the sat nav with confidence now!

All the best
Cathy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Childs car seat - 8 posts
Directions - 6 posts
paying bills from the UK - 24 posts
CAR SWAP. UK to Spain - 3 posts
Lemon Tree market Open? - 3 posts
Segundamano issues - 5 posts
Tabacs Shop outside Malaga Airport - 0 posts
Appointing new administrators - 6 posts
Student moving to spain for summer, need help!! - 1 posts
moped for sale - 0 posts
Road traffic offence (not speeding) - 9 posts
Rent to buy contract - 4 posts
Jaens, Guardamar - 5 posts
Help. What is there to do with 3 kids aged 7,6 & 3 when it's raining. - 14 posts
Suma to Tenant - 0 posts
SHOPS & FARMACIA OPEN TODAY IN ESTEPONA OR SABINILLAS - 0 posts
Satellite dish wall mount - 0 posts
Computer desk / printer tractor feed desk. - 0 posts
Re blogs .. for Justin please - 1 posts
Computer desk corner unit - 0 posts
Indie IPR Electric Guitar for sale - 0 posts
Ref Roger Helmer's message - 3 posts
Key Holder - 0 posts
van leaving spain - 0 posts
Urgent need Long Term let Banlmadena - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x