Freesat Recorders

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

I have recently moved to Spain and brought with me, a Sky+ box, which worked perfectly for a few weeks until Sky switched me off.  I knew this would happen and I am happy with just the "Free to Air" programs that I still receive.  What I did not know, is that Sky remotely control the recording function of the box, and I can no longer record or access the recordings already on the hard drive.    It appears that there are no access codes or fixes for a Sky+ box, and I have no wish to pay any more money to Sky, so I am now considering buying a Freesat recorder.

Does anyone here have any experience of Freesat recorders or any recommendations?

Many thanks,

Jon

Like 0      
01 Dec 2010 11:44 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I bought 2 reorders from the Argos clearance site on eBay this year when we gave Sky the boot, very good value for money, but.... If you don't have a strong signal, it can cause the box to freeze which happened to ours, so they went back and we got got Sky again at 50% discount for 12 months!

You can subscribe to just SKY+, but it is £10 per month, or free with any package. Depends if you want to go through the hassle of a subscription whilst in Spain.

Mark

Like 0      
01 Dec 2010 2:37 PM by Benicarlo Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I have two freesat boxes, one in Benicarlo and one in Barcelona. They both work ok but they are not as good as sky boxes. When the weather is bad you get pixelation and sometimes loss of some channels. To overcome this you need a bigger dish. One of my boxes is a double Humax (non existent after sales service) with a hard disk so I always keep a load of stuff on the hard disk to watch if and when the weather makes normal viewing difficult.

Very good alternative, no hasle no cards no Sky

Like 0      
01 Dec 2010 2:56 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

I too use freesat. Last time over I purchased a Sagem HD recorder for less than £200 and hooked it up to my neighbours dish. This works fine but I need to add another LNB to be able to record and watch another channel at the same time. The reciever enhanced the picture qualty and there's no way I'd subscribe to sky, I can watch sport etc at one of the local bars.

Regards.

Tech

Like 0      
01 Dec 2010 3:05 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Whoops, just re- read and saw you were talking about Freesat and not Freeview/ TDT .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How do the the three kings arrive in your town / city? - 4 posts
tax office address - 2 posts
Golf Share in Guadalmina Golf - 4 posts
Pig on the roof - 2 posts
Bed & breakfast suggestions - Calais to Orihuela (Alicante) route - 8 posts
EEOs - 38 posts
Can anyone recomend a property management company who cover Puerto de Mazarron - 1 posts
Private Messages - 2 posts
Embargo sanctioned on Aifos assets - 8 posts
Bikes for sale - 1 posts
Almoradi and Algorfa - 7 posts
property tax - 4 posts
Kite surf equipment for sale - 0 posts
Where can one obtain the best exchange rate? - 0 posts
Where can one obtain the best exchange rate? - 1 posts
Top Tip for your grubby Log burner Glass - 0 posts
Pensions: British & Spanish - 7 posts
citroen c3 for sale - 5 posts
Dissolution of a Spanish Company - 5 posts
EU VS DEMOCRACY - 2 posts
Spanish car sell or swap - 2 posts
Buying US Dollars - 4 posts
Check your spare!!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell / Parador Properties - 98 posts
friends - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x