Help please - Notice headed ´Cédula´received from local court.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Newbie Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Yesterday we received through the normal post - not certificado - a notice headed ´Cédula' from the Servicio Común de Notificaciones y Embargos de Alzira.  The relevant part of this says that we should attend tomorrow al objecto de comunicarle un asunto de su interés y con el apercibiminento de que si no lo verifica le parará el perjuicio a que haya lugar en derecho a no ser que alegue causa justa.  Spanish neighbours tell us that this means that someone has entered a complaint about us - for an insult, or a debt, or an accident or whatever and this office is going to hand us the complaint.  We have absolutely no idea as to what this complaint could be about and the neighbours have told us effectively to bin the letter as it has no legal worth as it was neither a Burofax nor a notification which needed a signature.  As strangers to the Spanish legal system, we are not really comfortable with this advice and would like to know if we are, in fact, safe to deny all knowledge of the matter until such time as we receive a more formal notification. We are concerned that should this complaint be in respect of a debt of which we are unaware, for instance, can the complainant proceed with the case in our absence and then place some sort of embargo on our property.  This is really worrying for us as it is our first personal encounter with the law in either the UK or Spain.

Many thanks.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 4:09 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This sounds like someone has done a "denuncia" on you.  BUT, normally (and not strictly speaking from experience ) these would come through the post as recorded delivery.

I think your Spanish friends have probably given you the right advice but what I would do is take it down to the local police station and check with them if it is a real complaint and exactly what you should do.  I always check everything with the local police!

Hope that helps.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LOW LOADER TRANSPORT REQ - 3 posts
Housesitting/Housekeeping/Pet sitting - 0 posts
Enjoying the food in Spain - 23 posts
i want to relist my property on EOS but.... - 4 posts
insulation and builders merchants? - 0 posts
Non Resident Tax Return - 43 posts
My town not shown on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 6 posts
Is that about Bank´s liability a JOKE? - 3 posts
ZANUSSI SINGLE DOOR FRIDGE PURCHASED 1998 - 0 posts
Reputable car dealer near Vera / Mojacar - 5 posts
Valor Catastral & La Renta - 6 posts
OPEN SIGN UPS TO THE BOX - 5 posts
80% Mortgage possible ? - 11 posts
An Orihuela Townhall Scandal - 26 posts
ACCOMODATION IN FRANCE? - 7 posts
Arborculturalist advice wanted in the Gandia area - 0 posts
Spanish retirement pension - 24 posts
Car Hire - 3 posts
Golden Products Nutriance Aloe Vera Gel - 0 posts
Endesa Office, San Pedro De Alcantara, Marbella, Spain - 2 posts
Iberbanda dial out problem - 0 posts
solar power?? - 2 posts
We had a fantastic time in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
El Gringo, El Grosso - 5 posts
for sale - wedding dress - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x