Spanish postal service reliability

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I am on the verge of opening my new business which will be mail order items to Spain. I am wondering how good the system actually is, especially when it comes to secluded areas and urbs. I know for example, any packages that won't fit in the letterbox of our community don't even leave to Correos, meaning a trek into the town where the sorting office is. I know this happens in the UK, but at least they try to deliver it first before returning it. Some urbs (although not many in our area) have a concierge, so would the postman/ woman deliver the package to them? What about people that rent out the PO Boxes in the local commercial centres, will they be able to accept packages?

I could also offer the option of a courier, but know that when I sent an item by TNT door to door, it had to be collected from the local industrial estate!!

I will be using Paypal at first to process the payments and they are very quick to pass on charge backs, which is something I am obviously anxious to avoid.

Any experiences greatly listened to.

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 6:35 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I find the mail here a bit iffy to say the least Mark, one parcel took 5 months to arrive a couple of years ago!!

I think you may need to look at other more secure options as it is well known that if the adress is not word perfect ( and that changes often ! ) stuff may not be delivered.

I now use the local shop who posts stuff in Uk, they have a priority recorded, cost a couple of € more but will get there in two days.

We have used DHL for deliveries from UK to here, prices were good and they do door to door with an e mail or phone call to give ETA.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 6:40 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for the input Karen, some options to consider there.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New on here and need some good advice... - 15 posts
Jale bankruptcy - 0 posts
HP Laptop For Sale - 2 posts
Horse riding stuff for sale - 0 posts
advice needed please - 1 posts
Speeding Fine UK Registered Car - Advice Needed - 12 posts
England Match - 2 posts
Winter heating - 4 posts
Court costs - 2 posts
Because we're worth it. - 6 posts
TASA Costa Esuri - help - 0 posts
Holiday let required please - 1 posts
Inheritance Taxes - 26 posts
Postal Service: Urgent help Needed, please - 3 posts
Garden Centres, DIY stores etc in Albox/ Huercal-Overa Area? - 6 posts
Paying Car Tax In Spain - 14 posts
driving from uk to spain - 8 posts
quesada? - 5 posts
Does anybody on the Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
With age comes wisdom - 0 posts
Amuerga,sl - 0 posts
Administrator costs - 3 posts
schools in playa flamenca any help please - 2 posts
Is this another good reason not to buy property in Spain - 19 posts
Why I love EOS... - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x