New on here and need some good advice...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by scatty1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all

This is my first time on this forum and would be glad of some advice. We are most probably going to be moving to spain at the end of the year, after house is sold. I will be bringing 3 children with me and my husband. Boys are ages 13, 14 and 4 years. Have wanted to move for many years but when on the verge, have had to put plans on hold for family health problems, but now the coast is clear to go ahead with our plans. We would like to rent long term in Costa Blanca, have been many times to many diferent areas and love it. We know the work situation in Spain is impossible and would be looking to have own business after maybe a year living in Spain.We will have an income from UK to live on. I speak Spanish quite well as I am in third year of degree course. My most worrying concern is bringing the children out especially the older ones, but they are keen to come. Has anybody got any advice, suggestions on dealing with teenagers, with regards to school, clubs, friends etc...and to make the move as less stressful for them as possible.

Hope to hear from someone, thanks

Scatty1

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 5:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Scatty, welcome. Hmm, there's SO MUCH help on EOS for you IF you have decided WHERE in the CB you want to live & you haven't yet, I understand.

Your eldest boys, being the age they are, should likely attend a private school wherever you choose to settle (unless they speak Spanish maybe, otherwise they'll not do well enough) & your 4 yr old will ideally go to a state school & be fluent in Spanish in 6 months with luck. 

May we enquire what is the business you will start? 

We are here to help but weary of the same questions I fear. Where do you WANT to settle & we'll go from there.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 9:40 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

To Scatty welcome  but please be a bit more specific with any assistance!

To Simpers get a life!

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 9:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Wow! 24 abusive posts, simpers, you're doing well, giving us others extra post points!

Like 0      
19 Jun 2010 9:54 PM by simpers Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Foul language **

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 12:45 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

I thought Justin said he had banned simpering simpers and his other aka user name thissiteisbo***x  (that was quite imaginative NOT)

Shame the forum gets like this from time to time with the odd one, so only one thing to say about a troll that loves to invade decent and informative sites like this................

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 20/06/2010.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 1:20 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Scatty

Don't be put off by the fools that have nothing to say. I don't know much about Costa Blanca but there are lots of members on here with loads of knowledge about everything. Good luck.................

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 12:47 PM by jagudelo Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hi Scatty.

I strongly recommend Torre de la Horadada ("Torre" for short) at the southernmost end of Costa Blanca, which boasts beautiful promenades and some of the nicest beaches in the area. The local state School would be ideal for your youngest and there are good private schools for your teenage children.

Admittedly I'm biased because we own a property there, but one of the things I like about Torre is that it has a strong Spanish feel to it and is very close to Murcia and the Costa Calida (so you get two coasts for the price of one, so to speak). Do feel free to send me a PM and I'll forward you a link with more information.

Buena suerte

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 1:11 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Agree with Jagudelo

Torre is lovely. We are in Santiago de la Ribera, a little further south towards Murcia airport. We often go to Pilar, San pedro and torre when we are over. The beaches are beautiful and the areas, IMO, are lovely. I'm sure there are some members that are more up on the schools etc.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jale bankruptcy - 0 posts
HP Laptop For Sale - 2 posts
Horse riding stuff for sale - 0 posts
advice needed please - 1 posts
Speeding Fine UK Registered Car - Advice Needed - 12 posts
England Match - 2 posts
Winter heating - 4 posts
Court costs - 2 posts
Because we're worth it. - 6 posts
TASA Costa Esuri - help - 0 posts
Holiday let required please - 1 posts
Inheritance Taxes - 26 posts
Postal Service: Urgent help Needed, please - 3 posts
Garden Centres, DIY stores etc in Albox/ Huercal-Overa Area? - 6 posts
Paying Car Tax In Spain - 14 posts
driving from uk to spain - 8 posts
quesada? - 5 posts
Does anybody on the Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
With age comes wisdom - 0 posts
Amuerga,sl - 0 posts
Administrator costs - 3 posts
schools in playa flamenca any help please - 2 posts
Is this another good reason not to buy property in Spain - 19 posts
Why I love EOS... - 10 posts
Simple Irish Logic! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x