Dying badly - and needlessly

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 May 2010 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar
It’s a pity the general public aren’t better aware of some aspects of medicine: My son, who is a hospital doctor, tells me:

"I saw a fellow the other day who had claimed to have taken 40g of Paracetamol (80 tablets) five days before coming to hospital. More than 12g is potentially fatal and the treatment window only stays open for 24 hours post ingestion.
"This guy, in my eyes, had no chance but his blood tests came back normal, which meant he was probably lying. I sent him for more appropriate treatment.
"Very sad cases have been reported where people take a spontaneous overdose without any real intention of ending their lives; (young girls having just broken up with boyfriends, often drunk etc).
"They go to sleep then wake up the next morning feeling fine. They presume they didn't take enough to cause a problem so they don't seek medical attention. When the symptoms set in, usually after 24 hours, and they present to hospital, it is already too late and the damage is irreversible.
"Death occurs over several days and consists of profuse vomiting and severe abdominal pain. Not pleasant."

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE application revised fee EUR16.00 - 0 posts
Easyjet Flights - 2 posts
TV kijken in Condado de Alhama - 0 posts
Error on Ryanair booking - 6 posts
Carvajal Campaign - 0 posts
Zapatero Announces Cuts - 12 posts
Euro safe now - 12 posts
Imputed incomeand expenses for non-residents - 0 posts
Council Tax - 2 posts
Win 2 return flights with bmibaby - 3 posts
Advise please - 2 posts
Scenic Driving/Camping route from Manchester Via France to Pinoso Spain - 1 posts
boiler leak - 0 posts
Costs re: IHT and title transfer when spouse dies - 6 posts
leaking boiler - 0 posts
Favourite thing to eat since you moved to Spain? - 12 posts
Wanted - Long term rental in Cantoria - 4 posts
tax for none residents - 13 posts
Car Hire La Marina - 5 posts
Car Insurance renewals - 24 posts
Property sales on the increase in Spain - 13 posts
Supermarkets in Mazarron/Puerto de Mazarron - 2 posts
Garden Furniture - 5 posts
Spanish catholic query - re 'encapuchado de la Santa Cena' - 3 posts
CAR HIRE CHARGES.......yet again!! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x