Car rental , Alicante Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2010 12:00 AM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Just wanted to say what a great service I got from Aquiracrown car rental.

Paid on line arrived at desk with voucher went through paperwork 5 mins and was off.

Car came with full tank and bring it back full.....a week in Spain only cost me 34Euros in fuel and not having the feeling of being ripped off.

Happy days

Ta Tony

Like 0      
05 May 2010 12:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tony, I guess you meant AurigaCrown did you,  I can't find Aquiracrown in Google. This has been well documented in the forum, the full/full fuel policy.

Like 0      
05 May 2010 12:57 PM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Well Done,,,,

You are correct!

Like 0      
05 May 2010 10:43 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, not really happy with a quote for €608 for two weeks in July.  Through Do You Spain they are slightly cheaper at €588.  There must be something better out there?  I only want to rent the thing, not buy it!

Even my old standby, Econorent, wants €560 for two weeks.  It would be cheaper to get a ferry to Santander and use my own car.  That way I could stay as long as I like and not bother about the hire car costs. 

Like 0      
06 May 2010 2:49 PM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Hi Bobaol

Just had a look at the Laracars.com  website and there doing 2 weeks in July for £450 + 54 euro for tank fuel.

Good Luck

Like 0      
06 May 2010 2:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I just looked at http://www.laracars.com/rentacar/precios.php?idtarifa=15 & you HAVE to return car empty though, Tony. Can't find terms & conditions either.

BUT for two weeks in July it DOES say http://www.laracars.com/rentacar/precios.php?idtarifa=16 so well spotted, Tony.

From June, 26 2010 To October, 3 2010

Group 1 week 2 weeks Tank of fuel
A 190 € 380 € 52 €
B 200 € 400 € 54 €
C 235 € 470 € 64 €
D1 225 € 450 € 54 €
D 245 € 490 € 64 €
E 255 € 510 € 64 €
E1 255 € 510 € 64 €
G 350 € 700 € 64 €
H 430 € 860 € 79 €

IMPORTANT NOTICE

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FLIGHTS LANDING BETWEEN 23:00 HOURS AND 07:00 HOURS, WILL BE CHARGED A NIGHTFLIGHT FEE OF 6 €UROS.

Prices include: Fully comprehensive insurance cover for over 25 years old, unlimited mileage, collection and return at Alicante and Murcia airport, 16% V.A.T , baby/booster Seats, roof Rack.

Prices do not include: Traffic fines, punctured or damaged tyres, loss of keys.

All vehicles are supplied with full tanks of fuel which is an additional charge on the hire price, you must return the vehicle empty on your return.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 06/05/2010.

Like 0      
06 May 2010 7:35 PM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi I have booked a car for 2 weeks in July the cost being around €575 thats just for te car you then have €75 for fuel then the additional insurance about €60 all this is ish. so that leaves me with a total of around €700.

So last week I did the next best thing afterhiring for the last 9 years I went over to Spain and purchased a car. This purchas was made from somebody returning to UK.

The Sellers went with me to the Traffic office to do all the documentation they even paid all the taxes. I drove the car for the week.

I was collected from the Airport so saved about £170 on car hire. I got a full tank of fuel paid my insurance Job done.

I paid a company €300 to look after my car at the airport.

The car will be delivered to arrivals on my trip next week

I have worked out that in les than 2 years the car will pay for it'self.

I visit my property every month through the year so see it as a big saving.

I must remember to cancell my July hire.

Ok I will loose €25 of my deposit so what.

Get out there and purchase a car.

J b

Like 0      
06 May 2010 7:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We are non residents but we too purchased our own Spanish car last June. A silver Ford Fiesta. I  it!!

Like 0      
07 May 2010 10:57 AM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Hi morerosado

Yes me also a Ford

Focus Estate Automatic

First Auto I have owned and I Love it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toooooooooooooooooooooo.

My wife says that their are more important things to watch out for while driving in Spain than worrying about changing gear so I think she will get on with the Auto.

Back in UK at the moment I am forgetting already to use the clutch and keep stalling.

I try not to think what I have spent on Hire cars over the last 9/10 years

Still time will tell

JB

Remember to always keep the sun in YA heart.

Like 0      
07 May 2010 6:24 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi all

I have also just returned from Spain and hired a car from Auriga Crown through DYS. Very happy with the service and was credited my 60 euros fuel money within a few days. The only problem is that Auriga Crown have now stopped this policy and like most other rental companies are going over to pick up full, return it empty.

Will have to look for another supplier on my next trip.

Regards.

Tech.

Like 0      
07 May 2010 9:42 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Booked with Do You Spain and got a good price. The rental was with Record who were not so good. The car shook and wobbled at high speed . They would not exchange the car, this is the second time Record have given us a duff car so would be wary of them in future.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 4:46 PM by Bluemax Star rating in Cheshire/Benitachell.... 1 posts Send private message

Hi last week we used Sol-Mar they have a pickup quater full return quater full. The price for 7 days hire was 179 Euros for a Chevrolet Aveo. We have used Record through DYS but the quality of cars of late has been disgusting. Like many others we have now bought a car in Spain . Our previous visit in March we used Goldcar through DYS the price was 145 euro plus 20 Euro for my wife to drive and a tank of fuel was 78 Euro for a car that only holds 50 litres of fuel ! So my 145 Euro car cost 243 Euro.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2010 11:09 PM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Have used record car rental for what I hope is the last time. Had car for 3 day + 3 hours. It had no radio, had scratches on bodywork  but what really annoyed me was being charged for a full tank of petrol because I was 3 hours over 3  days!

I asked could I bring it back full, no. Could I bring it back with half a tank, paying for the used half, no. 

Customer service never answer emails 

I drove with windows open, aircon on full + still managed to only use 1/4 tank of petrol. Am so naffed off I couldn't manage to take it back empty

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 10:32 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar

from alicante weve used aurigo crown and avis and both were great.

www.roda.250x.com   OUR APARTMENT

Like 0      
12 Jul 2010 2:33 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Yes. the car hire this year is just as bad, if not worse, than last years.  Trying to hire a car for August for some time and the costs are double or more what they were a couple of years ago.  The big firms, Avis - Hertz etc ludicrous at 7 to 800 euros for two weeks.  Even once reliable companies like Econorent are asking €500 odd for a small car for two weeks.  Other companies, agents like Do you Spain and Carjet are quoting €70 to €80 for a tank of petrol which is not refundable.  In addition, some are charging €5 a day for the "extra" insurance despite advertising no hidden fees.  If you don't take the insurance, they insist you leave a deposit of €600.  The other "scam" is the extra for child seats.  Booster seats are being quoted at €3 a day up to €36 for a two week hire.  As these things cost about €10 each in supermarkets this seems a bit extreme especially if, like me, you are taking two 9 year olds across.  Child seats are even worse at €5.50 a day from some of the companies.  Econorent are slightly better but they still charge €10 per booster seat.  I already take my own yellow jackets as these appear to be in short supply from the hire car companies.  I think I'll take the chance from the airport and buy a couple of booster seats from one of the Chinese shops

For the cost of two weeks with flights, car hire and booster seat hire, it will be costing me nearly €1200 for a fortnight for me, SWMBO and two young grandkids.  Good job I haven't got to pay for accommodation.  A 3* B&B in Portugal was on offer for £900 for two weeks for a family of 4 at the same time and a fortnight in Turkey even cheaper.  As these prices included airport transfers you can see why people are looking elsewhere.  Even Tenerife was offering a 3* all inclusive for less than that for a week.  OK, the hotel is two miles from the beach but they lay on free transport to and from there.

We were thinking of purchasing a car last time we were over but the second hand car prices were ridiculous.  I am not paying 6,000 for an 8 year old car nor 10.000 euros for a 4 year old car.  Looks like I'll have to look around a bit more to get one more in my price range (ie, cheap). 

Sorry for the rant but I think it's pretty obvious why there are so many unrented properties around at the moment. 

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 11:33 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi,

Looking to hire a car at Alicante Airport for the end of January for 10 days, any feed back good or bad  as the last time I was ripped of for the fuel.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 3:49 PM by boneym Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Out of Valencia airport most car hirers do have the same policies on fuel "Pick up Full Return Empty"
It is great that some of you visitors have decided to Purchase your own cars. We live Near Alzira and wifey has decided that she would like to swap our country house for a sea view house so we are at present transient. My idea on this car hire fuel policy is that we purchase a barrel/tank and before returning the hire car we calculate the return fuel required to the airport plus a couple of litres and siphon off the rest of the fuel for storage and future use. Has anyone done this? Please let the E.O.S. forum know the details    boneym

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 8:05 PM by gooders1 Star rating in Bromley Kent, Almora.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi,

We have been using a family run car hire company for many years called pjs rentacar based in Almoradi , They run a courtsey transfer to and from the airport. Cannot fault them well giving them a call for a quote.

Gooders

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

white sky viewing card skynet? - 12 posts
Banks! Not at all user friendly - 8 posts
need help from a spanish citizen - 6 posts
Hague Apostile in the UK - Information for other would be users - 1 posts
Transfer of property in divorce settlements - 9 posts
town hall daya nueva website address - 2 posts
looking for a one month rental in Fuengirola - 1 posts
room wonted - 2 posts
replating my uk registered Vespa PX200 - 2 posts
Help in getting from Gibraltar to Duquesa end of the month by bus - 0 posts
Any way to keep english no. plate? - 4 posts
Help please????? - 1 posts
Looking for the RIGHT PLACE in Spain - 0 posts
Wanted bike for 6yr old boy. - 12 posts
Make your vote count if you have one - 0 posts
Martin's Facebook blog: Spanish cash machine gave me more info than I’d bargained for… - 0 posts
Selling goods into Spain before moving out. - 11 posts
Justice issues - 0 posts
Justice issues - 33 posts
Justice issues - 0 posts
Ash cloud Back - 1 posts
Spanish registered car - 3 posts
Check the news, the ash cloud's back, certain airports closed or closing - 11 posts
Architect in Granada - 0 posts
Power of attorney - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x