Owners/long term renters stealing community electricity?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

On our community we recently discovered a community fusebox that wouldn't open on prising it open we discovered that it had been superglued shut and that there were some rogue wires taking a feed off the community electric system. The criminal had then cut into the wall and fed the cables through the satellite cable duct to their apartment. he had then repaired the wall and stuck the door shut.

on discovery we believe that the criminal saw the box had been opened and had cut the wires into their apartment so we are now not actually sure who the criminal is, however there is one suspect living in the block that has the knowledge to do this.

we are now in the process of checking the portal electric bills and we can see from at least the last 2 bills that the supply is dramatically higher than in other blocks so we could have issues when we go back further.

my question is what can we do about this and can we expect any help from Endesa the electric supplier. 

Have any other communities experienced this situation and how did you handle this situation both legally and on the community.

any advice would be gratefully received

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
27 Apr 2010 2:57 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We had a similar situation in our community but it was slightly different.  Those who hadn't contracted their meters were still somehow getting their electricity from the community.

It was a mistake by Endesa but to try and recover the cost from them would have cost of a huge amount of money.

In the end we let it go.

In your case, unless you can actually prove who was stealing the electricity then there's probably not a lot you can do.

Hopefully the culprit will now be sitting in the dark looking at a blank screen!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Apr 2010 7:56 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Just out of interest, something for others to consider...............

We had a situation last year when one of our resident owners had hard luck, losing his job and lack of money etc.,

He owned an attico with solarium above.

Each solarium has their own water supply and electric plug socket.

It was found that this owner had plugged into another owner's electric socket, run a long cable to his apartment and was able to watch TV and keep his beer cool in his fridge!

This was reported to our Presidente who promptly pulled the plug and had words with the owner!

In our own solarium, when we arrived from the UK once and turned our water on, the solarium tap came on full blast.

Obviously someone had tried to use our water, got none out of the tap, but left the tap open!

Just something to think about if you own a top floor with solarium and have services up there.

We always turn our water & electric off when we leave.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

van in UK leaves saturday - 1 posts
internet connection - 23 posts
motobike wanted - 0 posts
wanted - 2 posts
Who is having trouble accessing Facebook - 7 posts
I.B.I. - official rated value of property - 1 posts
Recovering from the Marathon? - 0 posts
Railway Museum near Algar Waterfalls - 3 posts
Telefonica blocking websites - 4 posts
Polaris World Refunds - 0 posts
I'm Home - 0 posts
Getting back to Blighty - 0 posts
IURA /Gortardo Rodreguez - 0 posts
Where to go!! - 1 posts
What am I doing wrong? - 2 posts
Indian restaurant - 2 posts
Wardrobe wanted - 0 posts
Test Drive Living in Almeria - House Sitting Opportunity - 1 posts
1990 Isuzu Trooper - 0 posts
Stolen 2 Yorkshire Dogs - 4 posts
i have several items for sale - 7 posts
Monarch - 5 posts
2008 VW JETTA 1.9Tdi 4 DOOR SALOON LHD SPANISH REGISTERED CAR. - 0 posts
Live Entertainment v CD (Costa Clueless) - 2 posts
Some people just get on with it! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x