Please post ANY help to try to get stranded people back to the UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Apr 2010 10:31 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Fibby, I'm genuinely sorry you are caught up in this nightmare & we likely are too, as we are also here & due to leave on Easyjet on Friday evening. With the latest news of a new ash cloud approaching the UK we may be stranded too.

As I said in a previous post >> read thread >>> ...TRANSPORT HOME (Click blue link) started by 'orange' Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:37 pm

'The airlines such as Thomsons, Monarch etc are arranging free buses from the major airports in Spain to the ferry ports and organising to get people to the UK. CONTACT YOUR AIRLINE OR THE BRITISH CONSULATE.'

That info was posted by Alan (member 'orange' on the Torrevieja.co.uk forum) who owns Clydegrove coaches/taxis. Perhaps you should send him a PM or add to his thread on there.

Good luck to us both.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 20/04/2010.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 10:54 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Many thanks More.

I was thinking of registering my plight with the Consulate as I am diabetic have high blood pressure etc., and now have had to pay for medications in Spain.

Maybe I would be classed as a special case?

Worth a try...........

Good luck to you too.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:05 PM by danny boy123 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hello there everyone, I am willing to offer a service in order to help people get to Bilbao to the ferries. I can take up to 4 people in my van comfortably and I am able to fit plenty of luggage in also. I am charging 200 euros per person ( for diesil etc) and am able to pick people up for the Torrevieja area, Quesada, Guardamar but I am able to travel further if needed. I am able to set off as soon as I have got 4 people. For anymore info ring or text me: dan: 639435597

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:33 PM by Malcolm1741 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

lowcostholidays(dot)com are offering an emergency coach service from Madrid to London Gatwick, you can find out more at: lowcostholidays(dot)com/stranded-coach-package.htm

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:33 PM by spanemma Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

We're taking our van from Malaga - Calais on Thursday and can seat 8 for 300€ per person. If this is of interest please call Emma on 685 381 612.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:33 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

To Danny Boy

Will you be insured to carry 4 passengers

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:37 PM by danny boy123 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

hi yes am insured the van is a 6 seater so insured for 6 seats.thanks.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Fred, I doubt VERY MUCH if anyone desperate to get home CARES tuppence about the insurance but, OF COURSE, they should. Beggars can't be choosers springs to mind here. Don't let's get into a debate about THAT here please. Anyway I see Danny is insured (but likely not for fare paying passengers. )

This message was last edited by morerosado on 20/04/2010.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:44 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hi More

Still seems a lot of money the train option is much wiser and safer plus there is that Golf tour operater offering to take people for less than 70 euros pp

Fred

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

But Fred, isn't it up to all of us who can give info on help or offer help even if overpriced to post & let those who need help make up their own minds? I well understand what you're saying but many are not or indeed cannot follow the many forums you & I do. We are only recently on the internet ourselves which has proved invaluable.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:50 PM by danny boy123 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

well wen you break it down it isnt a lot of money after you take the diesel out the tolls and time both ways.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 12:58 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

This is a post from the Torrevija.co.uk forum

British and Spanish government have created a hub at Madrid airport to transport passengers free to ferry ports in Spain and France.
We are organising buses up to 16 seat and looking to fill them.
500 euro for bus and driver to Madrid
700 euro for bus and driver to Bilbao

total cost split between the passengers.
If you are in a hurry and want to go now without filling buses the price is the same
Call 966791617
don't send pms or emails

Fred

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 10:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Check out Breaking News

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 10:27 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Latest info from the embassy is not to come to Madrid if you are outside the area:

An announcement has been made that British airports will be allowed to reopen from 2200 UK time tonight. More information is available in our Newsroom.

Please contact your airline for more information about flight schedules before going to your departure airport.

Around 250 British Nationals have been bussed from Madrid airport en route to Calais on five coaches arranged by the British Embassy. However, we are asking British nationals outside Madrid not to make their way to the capital.

The FCO has also set up a consular emergency contact phone number: + 44 (0) 207 008 0000.

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/travel-advice/stranded-in-spain

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 10:27 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Latest info from the embassy is not to come to Madrid if you are outside the area:

An announcement has been made that British airports will be allowed to reopen from 2200 UK time tonight. More information is available in our Newsroom.

Please contact your airline for more information about flight schedules before going to your departure airport.

Around 250 British Nationals have been bussed from Madrid airport en route to Calais on five coaches arranged by the British Embassy. However, we are asking British nationals outside Madrid not to make their way to the capital.

The FCO has also set up a consular emergency contact phone number: + 44 (0) 207 008 0000.

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/travel-advice/stranded-in-spain

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can I avoid Capital Gains tax by declaring La Renta? - 1 posts
Resort AGM - 48 posts
Recomendation for car hire spain to england - 1 posts
Charity lunch for abandoned animals - 0 posts
Trapped in Spain - how to get back to UK? - 17 posts
Travelling to a French port... - 3 posts
Problems trying to change cancelled Easyjet flight - 3 posts
Is 4 years a long enough period for court case to be dealt with? or is it not? - 2 posts
First time move! - 1 posts
non smoking bar - 0 posts
Help Lift Needed - 0 posts
Others Who Make a Killing - 1 posts
Stranded Passengers! Anyone Making a Killing? - 1 posts
JUSTIN.......... Zoosk online flirting site advert!!!!!!! - 7 posts
Nissan Xtrail 2004 SVE for sale rhd - 2 posts
long term parking - 7 posts
A list of things that are cheaper in Spain compared to the UK - 30 posts
what is the area called where las fillipinas 4 is situated pls? - 3 posts
has anyone had a good court decision success story against scrupulous Developer Technologia Urbanistica - 0 posts
Rainfall and Infrastructure - 4 posts
Passion Studio - 3 posts
OFFICE JUNIOR REQUIRED - 0 posts
pls be aware of illegal satellite services - 0 posts
Sorry England is CLOSED until further notice! - 5 posts
Spanish tax return - working in Gibraltar - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x