I´ve been an´ dunnit!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
Here is my story and excuses.

Driving back to Santiago de la Ribera, the other day, from San Pedro del Pinatar, through a little village called Los Saez, I came to the traffic lights at the T junction, which were red, they always are!!

Waiting patiently for the green light, all of a sudden this little green scooter, with a roof, shot across our bows!

I said to my wife , "did you see that?". Yes, she replied, very nice too. So after what seemed to be 30 minutes, the lights gave me the go ahead.

OK, let´s break the land speed record and try and catch up for another dekko! Fortunately, it had pulled over to the hard shoulder just before the Dos Mares glorieta (please note my bit of Español for roundabout).

The guy was happy to demonstrate the features and was, in fact, on his first long test run as an agent for the sale of these super looking little scooters, which are very new to Spain.

It is called the Palmo T150, comes in a choice of 12 colours. I was entranced! Got the address of the company in San Miguel de Salinas and went there the next morning for a test run.
WOW! Very impressed, so I bought one!!! Ready for collection in 10 days.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo, has anybody else been won over by these little beauties?

150cc 4 stroke OHC engines, automatic, 3, YES, 3 wheels, one in front 2 at the back and the body tilts on corners, while the wheels are always on the road. Very clever, especially during inclement weather.

Talk to me somebody, please??

pilgrim

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 5:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Pigrim, will I do ?

Cute eh ? (The bike, not me. Well, I'm cute too. )

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 9:06 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
Well, tell me, tell me, tell me, have you got one More, or are you just dangling me on a piece of string??

I have ordered the red metallic one like your picture. 

My wife is an ally as well, which makes for bonus points!!

It would be nice to form a club if there are enough interested owners? Or, of course, it could be a lead balloon!

pilgrim

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 2:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Apologies for calling you Pigrim earlier, finger slipped & I hadn't noticed.

No, More hasn't such a posh one.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 3:20 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Like it!

Promised 'My Leader' I'm going to buy meself a quad-bike as a runabout when we move over, but they look much soooo much better!

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 3:30 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Yes reminds me of a reliant robin another bloody death trap why did you buy something that nearly crashed into you 

Ps do they do them in bright yellow im missing my robin

Love Rodders

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 3:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Bet you don't know how I did THIS ?

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 4:05 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
Course I know how you did it More, easy peasy, you nicked it off the (Palmo)wski site. I´ve done me ´omework, mate!!

I should know better at my age to get excited about a vehicle but having gone through stuff, in earlier years, like a 3 wheeler Morgan with a 1000c.c. MX4 Matchless V-twin watercooled engine, then an HRD 1000c.c. V-twin and Steib sidecar, ending up with a Harley-Davidson full dress hog, in fire engine red, with too many bikes in between to list, you would think I would have learned my lesson but NO, no way!!

Roll on 10 days time when I pick up the little scooter, with a 150c.c. OHC engine, not OHV, thank heavens! No push rods.

I will report back, if anybody is interested?

pilgrim

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 5:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I think there's been some misunderstanding here.  Please don't fight...it makes me very sad

Anyway, i have never seen one of these bikes, I don't think they sell them around here.  They seem to be like the covered bikes that BMW makes, but with three wheels. 

Does this mean you don't have to wear a helmet for it?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 6:49 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Pilgrim 

Nice looking tricycle, had a similar coloured one when i was 3! - come on its a bit of fun really rather than a status statement?

Perhaps you could form a CDS bikers chapter and call yourselves the Pilgrim Fathers! 

You can here the shouts of fear "lock your daughters away"  from the isolated spanish villages as you sail through at 25KM an hour....(new speed limits to be imposed soon in spain!) with the wind in your hair if you still have some, burning rubber on all 3 wheels.

Sure it will be great fun, cheap and envioromentally friendly, but please stay off the N340 there are enough foreign drivers entering the road doing 25KM and causing chaos.

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 6:56 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Pilgrim,
You bring that baby out before 9 am and there'll be trouble with a capital tr!
Just don't forget to stop by and pick up my shopping list on your way to the shops

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 7:51 PM by BPD Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Don't mean to be rude... but WHERE do you put the shopping?  Like the looks of it though... keep us up to date.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 8:17 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
Will  keep you up to date.

There is a 25 litre "cupboard" with a flip up locking lid, behind the backrest of the pillion passenger.

Two extra bags can be carried by hanging one each, on the armrests.

pilgrim

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 7:19 PM by berube Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello! 
I had a BMW C1...until last night. Like out of a CSI's episode my motorcycle burnt into flames while parked on the street right outside from my door. OK. That's a nice way to start the day, I said. Firemen. Police. Spanish CSI's down here to check if it was either me, an arsonist or a motorcycle immolation. I was in love of that machine, and living downtown of a big city I need a 2 wheels rig. At least, that is what I thought before coming across the Palmo t-150 on the internet while looking for a 2nd hand BMW C1. I saw the video they have on the web page and it looks cool, but now that you own one, questions are raised:
- How about manoeuvrability? I mean, is it stuffy to swirve in close spaces? Because 3 wheels are not 2. Does it come with a rear gear?
- Helmet? They claim you don't need one, but...why not? Quads must have it, and they are 4 wheels. This is not sure for me. 
- Speed. They claim 80 km/h. Is it real? 
- General impressions? Would you recommend me to buy it?
You can answer to me in private if you like!  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Re: Ryanair. You just gotta read this, what a laff I thought. - 8 posts
HALL OF SHAME - 51 posts
Could it be the sensible option to take possession of your new build home? - 3 posts
Electric pylon hanging over my off plan dream - 8 posts
solicitor - 0 posts
Schools in La Cala (Mijas Costa) - 1 posts
Quote for removals, is it OK? - 10 posts
Brand new electric fans for sale - Pedestal or desktop - excellent prices - 0 posts
Hello from essex-for now - 2 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 1 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 0 posts
Missing MRI - 4 posts
Erasmusplus Spanish courses in Spain with grants! - 1 posts
Notification of AGM - 2 posts
The Spanish Housing Market: A contrarian point of view. - 8 posts
BA and Iberia in talks on merger - 0 posts
Car Tax - 3 posts
A great achievement for More, 5000 posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 19 posts
Fiesta info - 7 posts
non resident bank account - 173 posts
300th Post! - 1 posts
Avoiding a capital gain - one for legal eagles and tax experts ! - 0 posts
can we submit the Tax form 214 ourselves? - 29 posts
Help – property management/key holding La Torre - 6 posts
mike/karalyn - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x