Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by alex875 Star rating. 209 posts Send private message

alex875´s avatar

Hi All

Any advice here would be appricceated i bought off plan two years ago and was due to complete this week.

when i put down my deposit 65000euros there was a pylon on my plot i was told this was no problem as it was going underground.

Now i turn up to complete and the pylon has been moved 10 meters from my garden hanging over us and crackling all night.

I have refused to complete told my solicotor the problem and her reply is your case is weak i feel you should complete.... Would she have her kids live under a pylon???

Most of all who would want to buy the house from me with the pylon??

I would like all money back but know that will be very hard and a long wait so told my solicotor to come to some arrangement with builder the answer was NO they do not agree to end your contract.

What do i do now???

Iain

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 3:39 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i would not complete with children either  and why can it not go under ground ?bye irene

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 3:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Oh dear, Iain

Unfortunately the idea of the pylon being moved underground was never going to happen. (Salesmens plot to get you to part with your hard earned money). It was one reason we decided against Lo Crispin not far from where we bought. (I must be careful what I say as we have at least two friends who live/bought there who have a pylon very close to their properties, who obviously don't feel as we would feel with one so close by). From our front (where we were looking on Lo Crispin) we had a pylon slightly sited to one side nearby & these things are HUGE (& in our face) & we, too, were told they were going to taken down in two years & cables routed underground. Now common sense told us that, as roads had been put in & some villas had already been built, this was not going to happen & that was 2004 ! Pylons are still there & agents still saying, they're going !

Unfortunately, all this is not what you want to hear but I think you know you're stuck. If you don't complete you'll lose your 65,000€ plus maybe get stung for more. The builder is well aware no one else will want to buy the property with a pylon sited in the position as it is.

I feel bad for you.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/31/2008.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2008 8:46 PM by Dh123 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Your best option is to complete and then sell at a discounted rate, that is if the price has increased somewhat to your advantage, 

Good luck -  although very unfortunate

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 8:52 AM by Abolex Star rating in Andalucia - Murcia -.... 136 posts Send private message

Abolex´s avatar
Dear Lain,
Do you mean an electric pylon?
We had a similar case in Altea where developers had to move wires and bury them underground. There are regulations that say no building licenses should be issued next to these installations in certain circumstances and also depending on the type of pylon we are talking about (there are high tension ones, mid tension and low tension).
If you are talking about telephone wires, then the story is different.
Also, is there a pool in the property?
Please come back with some more details and we may be able to help.
Regards,

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 9:12 AM by alex875 Star rating. 209 posts Send private message

alex875´s avatar

Hi All

Thanks for your replys.

I will not complete with this pylon and try to sell cheap no one is buying houses without pylons so whos going to by this one.

Abolex the pylon is electric not telephone you can hear it crackiling and buzzing at night. And i was planing on getting a pool but not now.

there is other issues on the development but the pylon affects us directly.

My solicotors last response was im going on holiday for 2 weeks speak when i get back.... thats not what i want to hear i feel she knows the builder very well maybe to well?

I have been told that in the contract all in spanish it states if you cancel the contract Taray The Builder claim 25% of the purchase price from the deposit which i believe i should have 14000 euros. i would like more but accept that it will be like getting blood from a stone

Thanks

Iain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 9:17 AM by Abolex Star rating in Andalucia - Murcia -.... 136 posts Send private message

Abolex´s avatar
Dear Lain,
Give it a chance.
Send us the documents by email martin at abolex dot es or fax +34 956343670.
Let us have a look (free of charge) and we will come back to you.
Regards,

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 9:49 AM by alex875 Star rating. 209 posts Send private message

alex875´s avatar
Hi Abolex i will sacn and email it later there are a few pages so might take a while.
I was promised a bank guarantee and still dont have it dont know if that helps of not.

Iain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2008 11:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Good luck Iain. I hope Abolex can help you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

solicitor - 0 posts
Schools in La Cala (Mijas Costa) - 1 posts
Quote for removals, is it OK? - 10 posts
Brand new electric fans for sale - Pedestal or desktop - excellent prices - 0 posts
Hello from essex-for now - 2 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 1 posts
Short/long term rental in Marbella - 0 posts
Missing MRI - 4 posts
Erasmusplus Spanish courses in Spain with grants! - 1 posts
Notification of AGM - 2 posts
The Spanish Housing Market: A contrarian point of view. - 8 posts
BA and Iberia in talks on merger - 0 posts
Car Tax - 3 posts
A great achievement for More, 5000 posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 19 posts
Fiesta info - 7 posts
non resident bank account - 173 posts
300th Post! - 1 posts
Avoiding a capital gain - one for legal eagles and tax experts ! - 0 posts
can we submit the Tax form 214 ourselves? - 29 posts
Help – property management/key holding La Torre - 6 posts
mike/karalyn - 0 posts
Bomb exploded this morning in Torremolinos, please will our Roberto check in ! - 3 posts
Generator for sale Mojacar Vera Almeria area - 0 posts
Hello - 5 posts
Spanish company checks - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x