Jane

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by JandP Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am new to eyeonspain, came across it while searching for information on a development called Aldea Hills in Costa Del Sol near Manilva.
Can anyone provide any information good or bad? I am thinking of visiting area with a view to buying a holiday home.

Thank you.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 4:24 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
If you have the money to be able to buy on CDS then before you do so have a look at Costa Almeria between Aguilas and Mojacar
For the cost of a well sited 2 bed apartment in CDS you can get a very nice villa!!...also whilst it is quieter it does have a lot of potential when the market starts to move again
Even apartments circa 100 m from beach can be had for circa 
177.500€ and a touch further back say 160.000 €
Also look at Costa Blanca and Murcia......Polaris World have some key ready from 131.500 € at Condado de Alhama and if you are happy to wait 12/15 months from 119.800 €
If CDS is ' what you really want' then go for it but maybe worth comparing......after all we are in a market slowdown  and there is lots of good value about 

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 5:31 PM by JandP Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you for that Brian. 
I have been tempted for a couple of years now and went on a trip with Parador in 2006 to Murcia (Villamartin). I went again the following year for a holiday and decided against the area. Andalucian Dream Homes have been in contact recently and told me about this particular development where they are selling 2 bedroom appartments for 140k Euros which I thought was cheap for Costa Del Sol? 
Will look at the areas you suggest.

Thanks.
Jane.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 5:44 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
agree they do sound cheap for CDS

The area between Aguilas and Mojacar is much less developed than Villamartin and a touch inland you can get a real Spanish environement but still close to coats
My wife and I have bought here, near Huercal Overa where the 2 bed villas on 400m2 plots are from 170.000 €...about 25 mins to nearest beach.....San Juan de los Terreros.....some say the best in Spain...yellow sand...shallow so you can go out 75 m still stand!!.......great restaurants....and cheap

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 5:47 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
As Brian says Jane you will get more for your money in Almeria and Murcia. Whether it will recover as quickly as the CDS I suspect is a moot point and we wont know until the recovery happens. The new emerging economies of the world with their new found wealth appear to be spending on the CDS where the population is very very cosmopolitan and probably more year round living. Wherever you buy there are "deals" to be struck in the current market. Ensure you do your research as there are many resellers selling properties at lower prices than developers as they did not intend to complete on the purchase or are having problems servicing the mortgage and thus are highly motivated to sell. A great deal depends on what your budget is and what you want for your money and what you want to do with the property - is it for rental - thus it needs to have good facilities around and good roads, proximity to beach etc. Whatever you do and wherever you buy make sure you do plenty of research - the market isn't moving upwards. Dont buy the first thing you see - dont  believe unrealistic stories from estate agents about rental potential or capital growth - these might seem elementary points but so many people have believed the nice estate agent (I make the exception of all in this forum as they seem to be honest, ethical and realistic) - they become your best friend while waiting for your deposit - glasses of wine, lunches etc - remember to ask yourself the question what is their motivation - they want to sell you the property.

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH -

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 5:55 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Tend to agree with Smiley..CDS was poss the first in to the downturn and may well be the first out.....long term it will always be popular but in general expensive

But matters such as that tend to be the concern of dealers and investors...for life style buyers perhaps it all comes down to:
The location you like best
Then your budget
Then look for a good buy
Long term that it will be OK

But,,,no use having a good buy if it is not for you !

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 7:00 PM by JandP Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you both for your good advice, will ensure I do the research and not jump in too quickly!

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 7:30 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
I must have got it wrong!
I bought the coke and sarnies for our estate agent 

He was worth it though 

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2008 11:35 AM by connryan Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Jane,

This is a really nice development and the gardens have matured well as the development was completed in 2005 and we have been waiting on the occupation licence since.  It is 2 min walk to the beach and this part of the CDS is not as hectic as the Marbella area but within commuting distance. If you get a good one for 140K you are doing well.

I will send you a pm as I am selling mine ( for a good reason, as I really like this development ) and it may be worth a chat.

Regards,

Conn

Like 0      
03 Jul 2008 2:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Jane

Why not join the development forum for Aldea Hills & get more info from those who have or are buying there ?

Click on blue link & join, free.

Aldea Hills

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LHD BMW FOR SALE IN COSTA DEL SOL VERY LOW MILEAGE - 5 posts
polargmd its a 100% a rip off and illegal - 0 posts
Orthodontics Treatment for Children - 2 posts
Spanish Car for sale - 0 posts
Calling all you keen gardeners - growing a lemon tree on the balcony - 2 posts
Torrevieja villa 23rd - 28th Sept wanted - 0 posts
Assistance Required - 5 posts
Panorama Real Estate Marbella - 3 posts
Wasted Journey - 15 posts
Rental licences - 6 posts
Breach Of Contact - 0 posts
Breach Of Contact - 2 posts
Hoping to have sold house...... - 4 posts
ADVICE - ROAD TO ONTINYENT VIA AP7 (ALTEA?) - 0 posts
Blogs log you out of EOS - 3 posts
Moving bits and bobs to Spain - 3 posts
Hello.. another new member! - 4 posts
New wif- fi service for Mojacar/ Vera/ Palomares hopefully coming soon - 2 posts
Tow Bars and ITV Testing... - 12 posts
Weather reports - 4 posts
Good deals with Easyjet and Ryan air - 8 posts
Buying Inland Murcia - 2 posts
PAYING A TAX FOR RENTING OUT PROPERTY EVEN WHEN YOU DONT RENT - 6 posts
investors who buy off plan or prefer completed properties in todays market - 3 posts
Entertainer Looking For Work - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x