Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi 
Questions 
A deposit is placed on a property in a rising Spanish property market and the market turns and it is decided that a buyer simply does not WANT to complete.
Now the developer has carried out his part of the contact and not his fault that the market has fallen or the credit crunch .WHY SHOULD HE LOOSE AS HE DIDNT FORCE THE BUYER TO ENTER INTO THE CONTRACT.
Even if the buyer were to loose the deposit of say 30 % then this may not cover the drop on value on some properties so why should the devoloper loose after many years of fighting through the courts and having to fund everything with an amount of deposit that in no way could begin to cover his costs.
The buyer is defaulting on the deal and much is said about how bad developers have dealt with buyers so?

1 Can the developer insist that the buyer complete or can he sue the buyer and take legal action in their European residence.including going after their property
2 If the developer has gone bankrupt can the Banks take up this option.

3 Now because of the credit crunch and falling market  buyers are refusing or avoiding completing and the developers have had to spend multi thousands of mortgage payments and management fees ,can he sue for his losses if the court deemed the buyer should have completed say a year earlier or more?

WHY SHOULD THE DEVELOPER LOOSE FINANCIALLY ? THE DEAL SHOULD SURELY PROTECT THE INTERESTS OF THE BUYER AND SELLER.

Why should developments be left half filled and the burden be placed on those that have completed to maintain the whole development as they have completed as per contract and the developer or the owners suffer financially  because others dont want to play when the going got tough.

Say I am a builder and I build you a house as you want to make some money
I complete your house but while doing that the market has fallen or you finances change and you will not pay.
Natuarally neither is my fault and I want paying and would be entitiled to sue so what the difference with the Spanish Developer.
Remember many of these developers may very well loose everything just because people refused to complete and that cant be all his fault?

Regards
Just Dan   .

This message was last edited by Just Dan on 6/29/2008.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2008 3:08 PM by led Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

dan - you are funny. at ebbc you are telling everyone "you know marketing leading info to pull of ebbc and ocean view".

dont make it  too obvious you still work for opv

Like 0      
29 Jun 2008 7:23 PM by Just Dan Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

led
 No I dont work for O.V.P.
Do you know the answer to the questions,Yes or No.

Just Dan

This message was last edited by Just Dan on 6/29/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hoping to have sold house...... - 4 posts
ADVICE - ROAD TO ONTINYENT VIA AP7 (ALTEA?) - 0 posts
Blogs log you out of EOS - 3 posts
Moving bits and bobs to Spain - 3 posts
Hello.. another new member! - 4 posts
New wif- fi service for Mojacar/ Vera/ Palomares hopefully coming soon - 2 posts
Tow Bars and ITV Testing... - 12 posts
Weather reports - 4 posts
Good deals with Easyjet and Ryan air - 8 posts
Buying Inland Murcia - 2 posts
PAYING A TAX FOR RENTING OUT PROPERTY EVEN WHEN YOU DONT RENT - 6 posts
investors who buy off plan or prefer completed properties in todays market - 3 posts
Entertainer Looking For Work - 6 posts
Has anybody heard anything - 0 posts
Sorry, but I'm leaving ... - 3 posts
Help I am the only one - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - MARBELLA AREA - 1 BED - 1 posts
hello i'm new here!!! - 0 posts
white goods - 2 posts
any one bought in playa mojacar - 0 posts
Sayalonga agents - 0 posts
Going to Gibraltar / La Linea in October. looking for some help!!!! - 3 posts
New Book Shop- Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Can your rent a property without a first occupancy license ? - 1 posts
dodgy builders - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x