And so the silly season begins

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Coming back from shopping yesterday I passed our Communal pool (the type that is enclosed by a wall) and could not believe my eyes.  A girl of around 12 was riding her bike round the white skirt of the pool (at some speed) and swerving in and out of people laying on loungers by the pool side!

When I went to sort out the problem I was confronted by the mother (an owner) who said that she had looked and could not see anywhere were it said that riding bicycles in the pool was forbidden!  Looks like the silly season has started early this year

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 10:51 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mornig Denise

What a STUPID parent !  (I would've been tempted to slightly nudge the kid plus bike over into the pool but then that causes more probs than enough. I mean, wouldn't the pool need a clean ? )

I was inside Morrisons a couple of days ago & kids were still on half term hols. Two youngsters around 12 were actually riding bikes within the store. They'd come through the little double gates within the store & were riding around inbetween the fruit & veg. OK, don't believe me, people,I wouldn't if you told me you'd seen that.  One actually did a wheely as he left the store. You should've seen shoppers faces. There's often security guards watching that area so where they were is anyones guess.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 11:57 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Why is it that some people need a sign to say you can't do something before they will say no to a child, rather than using the basics of whether it is safe & reasonable for the child and whether it is inconsiderate towards other people? I can imagine what would have happened should the child have ended up in the pool, it certainly wouldn't have been the parents fault. I thought those trainers with wheels in were abd enough, this is just plain stupid.

This message was last edited by J&N on 4/26/2008.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 12:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Are Brandy & Brinkley ok this morning, Jacqui after their ordeal yesterday ? (They had the chop, poor puppies).

EDITED TO ADD: Silly me, I've just looked at their website & seen you've updated.
http://2littlepuppies.blogspot.com/

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/26/2008.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 6:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

At our recent community meeting, a parent of a young child (thankfully the only young child in our community) asked if we could have a spring fitted to the gate into the garden, so that it closes on it's own, to ensure that children (their child) can't accidentally wander into the garden and fall into the pool. A pretty reasonable suggestion, you would think, & quite possibly a legal requirement on  bigger communities, I don't know. (We fall below the min. 20 property Andalucian law requiring certain regualtions are adhered to).

But here's what gets me about it. What's next? Stair gates in all communal areas? Child locks on the lift? Trees fenced off to prevent kids climbing them, in case they fall out of them? Soft floor coverings, like you find in kids playgrounds, in all communal areas, in case a kiddy falls and hurts themselves?

What ever happened to parents taking responsibility, and keeping an eye on their charges?

Of course, nobody objected to fitting a spring to the gate, and it shouldn't cost much, so it will be done, but it does make me wonder how much this parent's child may end up costing the community.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sky Installation - Altos de Princess Kristina, Duquesa - 3 posts
Spanish Noises - 2 posts
THE CIRCUS IS STILL IN TOWN (FUETE DE PIEDRA ) - 21 posts
BANK VALUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 13 posts
Contract Quality Speciation - 7 posts
NEW MEMBER - 4 posts
Selling a Property in Spain - 1 posts
Where do I find help to set up a business? - 25 posts
Moving to Spain next year.......Just A few questions! - 48 posts
Wonderful hotels, restaurants, theatres... in COSTA DE LA LUZ!!! A taste for the weekend - 1 posts
A good estate agent in Torreblanca/Fuengirola - 5 posts
Vagamar2 Rafal. Whats going on!!! - 3 posts
El Vegetariano Restaurant Altea - 0 posts
HACIENDA SAN MANUEL - 0 posts
EOS has a car named after it! - 8 posts
Britons retiring abroad - 1 posts
Bumps in the Night. - 3 posts
Hi all Mark & Sandy Introduction - 3 posts
Justin, help required please regarding PMs to new members.. - 73 posts
Happy St. George's Day - 4 posts
Hi & help needed - 7 posts
Manchester to Gib - 2 posts
Rental needed ASAP with intetrnet connection - 7 posts
Interested in an Almeria Agency - 7 posts
HELP WITH COACH TRIPS TO MURCIA PLEASE - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x