Spanish Noises

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
So we had the smells but what about the noises? What noises do you associate with Spain?For me it's:

Mopeds

Dogs barking in the neighbouring development but thankfully just during the day (hmm I wonder what they do to them during the night?"

The constant chatter, they don't stop, hablan por los codos! As a chatterbox myself, I like this since it distracts from my constant nattering unlike when I am in the UK where only nutters talk in public especially to strangers. In the Marks and Spencers where I am from you can hear a pin drop, deadly silence all around.

Children playing outside.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:24 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Mopeds!!!!! GRRRRRR Bloody MOPEDS!!!!!!  Sewing machines on wheels..........Young kids zoom up and down the hill near me.  I feel like stretching a length of piano wire across the road, sometimes.  Fortunately, they stop around 10 pm.  Staying in a hotel in the centre of town a few years ago, they went on all darn night.

But there are compensations, the cicadas and crickets (unless you get one in the bedroom and can't find the darn thing).  The swoosh of the sea on the beach (I know, you get that in UK as well but the brown sea doesn't seem to have the same soothing effect). 
Of course, the noise of the Looky-Looky men asking you to buy their baseball caps/sunglasses/genuine gold bracelets/copied DVDs that you can see people walking in front of the screen etc can get a bit annoying after the 10th one has interrupted your lunch.
My favourite noise?  The reverse thrust of the jet as you touch down at Alicante or Murcia airports.  Yummy.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:27 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
You are so "in touch" with your senses boaol, I love it!

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

THE CIRCUS IS STILL IN TOWN (FUETE DE PIEDRA ) - 21 posts
BANK VALUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 13 posts
Contract Quality Speciation - 7 posts
NEW MEMBER - 4 posts
Selling a Property in Spain - 1 posts
Where do I find help to set up a business? - 25 posts
Moving to Spain next year.......Just A few questions! - 48 posts
Wonderful hotels, restaurants, theatres... in COSTA DE LA LUZ!!! A taste for the weekend - 1 posts
A good estate agent in Torreblanca/Fuengirola - 5 posts
Vagamar2 Rafal. Whats going on!!! - 3 posts
El Vegetariano Restaurant Altea - 0 posts
HACIENDA SAN MANUEL - 0 posts
EOS has a car named after it! - 8 posts
Britons retiring abroad - 1 posts
Bumps in the Night. - 3 posts
Hi all Mark & Sandy Introduction - 3 posts
Justin, help required please regarding PMs to new members.. - 73 posts
Happy St. George's Day - 4 posts
Hi & help needed - 7 posts
Manchester to Gib - 2 posts
Rental needed ASAP with intetrnet connection - 7 posts
Interested in an Almeria Agency - 7 posts
HELP WITH COACH TRIPS TO MURCIA PLEASE - 2 posts
VeryHelpful Web Addresses - 0 posts
Is it any wonder... - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x