THE CIRCUS IS STILL IN TOWN (FUETE DE PIEDRA )

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I am really enjoying at the minute molletes con lomo,queso y mayonesa!! Delicious.

Walking (fast) along the paseo in Estepona, it is a veritable paradise at this time of year.

The perfect temperature and weather.

The chorizo that our friends brought back from Almeria that I keep slicing off and getting into trouble by Justin because I don't slice it neatly enough! He is so OCD.(Ask him about washing up liquid?)

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 6:53 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I am currently enjoying looking forward to being there through most of July and August!  For us, the weather will be just wonderful then, compared to here!

Also currently loving the thought of going to the supermarket and having a selection of pork and cheese and bacon and beer and wine and .... well, the list is endless to what we can buy in a supermarket here!

So, currently loving the whole thought of just being there!!

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 6:58 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Pitby

If you can get to La Canada make a trip to Alcampo supermarket. They have the most amazing choice. Also in the Duquesa area there are a couple of new supermarkets, Eroski and Dia waiting for you.I am currently chewing a yummy piece of chorizo and I have just discovered in Mercadona queso Provolone that you grill. I haven't tried it yet but will be trying it tonight.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:11 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Everything . (Forgotten the name of the tapas bar I spent last Saturday afternoon in near Vera Play hotel, fully clothed of course ). Just gutted that I only made it out for the weekend last week and won't be going again until after the summer (too hot).

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 4/25/2008.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Come on now Mark, don't miss the summer. Yes, the days are hot, hot, hot but what about the summer nights? They are magical!

Susan

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:27 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar
Susan, walking (fast) down the paseo in Estepona, Has the hotel finally been demolished now?

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:28 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Yes, all that's left is a load of rubble.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I was complaining over the weekend about the heat, can you imagine what I would be like in summer?

Mark

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 7:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Trust me, you will get used to it. Give yourself a chance to aclimatise and you will be wearing jumpers in weather like last weekend.

Susan

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 9:39 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

Just returned from 2 weeks walking in the Alpujarras. Every time we go there we are delighted by how magical the area is.... no matter what the season.

This time we were able to get up in the morning and get a handful of huge oranges to squeeze for juice, drive into the mountains to have a play in the snow and be back in the afternoon to swim in the pool.

And we went to the limit with the punative Ryanair baggage allowange with several huge chorizos !!

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 10:31 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Walking in Las Alpujarras, how lovely!!

Susan

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 4:20 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Loving being able to plan and have barbecues and even pool parties (not too many bathers yet but have been in twice this week) without worrying whether the weather will interfere and turn it into an indoor affair.

Really Mark - you could manage it  - you just have to do it the Spanish way : stay indoors for a siesta with the a/c on during the heat of the day and party all night.  You may not get a choice on the latter if you have Spanish neighbours.

I would like to say that I am loving the hoo-poo who is singing all day from early dawn right by my window but actually I could do with a gun....

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 4:26 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
We're loving the fact that during the summer in Spain the green fees are the cheapest, because it's classed as off season due to it being so hot!!  To us, it's a breeze!!!  Although OH will get more use of this than me, unfortunately!!!

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 6:33 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm loving the fact that my annual car tax is the same amount as last year (€80) - which was the same as 2006, which was the same as 2005, which was the same as 2004......think that goes some way to compensating for rising diesel prices, don't you?

I'm also loving the fact that I'm no longer President of our community!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 6:59 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Congratulations Rob, you are a free man!!

Susan

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 7:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
A free man ! Not from reading Rob's posts recently, Susan, he isn't. He's as sought after as ever. That's the trouble when you're a good President, I guess.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 7:31 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I've deliberately not answered my mobile twice today, 'cos I knew it was a neighbour ringing (and it's never a social call!) We've taken to leaving the building through the garage, because we don't have to pass any one's front doors to get to the lift. (The same neighbour who's been trying to ring me has set up trip wires outside his apartment so it's impossible to pass without him popping out and catching us).

I feel really guilty - not!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 7:40 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Roberto,

That calls for a  tip for all newly elected Presidents.

Buy a cheap mobile phone to use for Presidential business whilst in office and  then sell/lose it once the year is over.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 7:44 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Oooops!!

Susan my answer to your question is:-

I'm loving Spain currently because we will be there in eleven days!!

OK??

Like 0      
26 Apr 2008 9:48 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

So so much  -   The blueness of the sky,the sea and the swimming pool !

The hundreds of exciting places we have found and the millions of exciting places we have yet to find.

The people who are so patient and kind with us when we struggle to speak Spanish.The amazing thing is that they really do understand what we are trying to say which after my many attempts at speaking French (in my best  grade 1 'O' level accent ), and the French never understanding,I find nothing short of miraculous. Not that I am anti French as I am very definately not. We originally looked  for a home in France but were captivated by Spain and the Spanish people.

Last but not least the weather - well It wouldnt be true to British form not to include it .  

Just roll on Friday when we can be there again!!

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BANK VALUATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 13 posts
Contract Quality Speciation - 7 posts
NEW MEMBER - 4 posts
Selling a Property in Spain - 1 posts
Where do I find help to set up a business? - 25 posts
Moving to Spain next year.......Just A few questions! - 48 posts
Wonderful hotels, restaurants, theatres... in COSTA DE LA LUZ!!! A taste for the weekend - 1 posts
A good estate agent in Torreblanca/Fuengirola - 5 posts
Vagamar2 Rafal. Whats going on!!! - 3 posts
El Vegetariano Restaurant Altea - 0 posts
HACIENDA SAN MANUEL - 0 posts
EOS has a car named after it! - 8 posts
Britons retiring abroad - 1 posts
Bumps in the Night. - 3 posts
Hi all Mark & Sandy Introduction - 3 posts
Justin, help required please regarding PMs to new members.. - 73 posts
Happy St. George's Day - 4 posts
Hi & help needed - 7 posts
Manchester to Gib - 2 posts
Rental needed ASAP with intetrnet connection - 7 posts
Interested in an Almeria Agency - 7 posts
HELP WITH COACH TRIPS TO MURCIA PLEASE - 2 posts
VeryHelpful Web Addresses - 0 posts
Is it any wonder... - 8 posts
phase 2 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x