Will the EX Rate ever go back up?

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2010 11:29 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

1.22 at the mo....

Kicked on a little since the UK budget was released.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 1:39 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

24 Jun 2010 4:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Had to pay our keyholder this week. I asked them if they wanted GBP or Sterling as I knew they are coming back to the UK for a break soon and they opted for GBP. How back in time were they? They still wanted parity rates . I don't think so, so they ended up with Euros .

Mark

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 7:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

After reaching the heady heights of 1.23, I see today we are back to 1.20. Don't get me wrong, i'm ecstatic about the rise over the last months, much better than Christmas 2008, but always disappointing to see it slip back.

Mark

Like 0      
19 Jul 2010 3:18 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well. we appear to be in freefall again.  It looked like it was going to even out at 1.20 but has now slipped below 1.18 and heading south.  The forecasts at the beginning of the month of getting up to  1.30 seem to be unfounded.  Of course, the summer holiday period is coming up and the pound always seems to drop around that time.  It could be the outflow of money from the UK at this time strengthens to euro or even, heaven forbid, it is a conspiracy by the eurozone to get the most out of the UK holidaymakers.  Ah, well, at least it seems to be holding its own against the US dollar.  Maybe the time to go across to Vegas and stick all your hard earned money on black.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2010 3:56 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

If it settled around 1.25 that would do a lot to win back the British and maybe improve the property sector.

The fluctuations don't really help and also seems to lead to hesitation and hoping for a better rate when it comes to committing to a property prurchase.

Of course there are many sides to this argument!

Like 0      
23 Jul 2010 1:36 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

As reported on the good news thred the british economy has grown by more than expected and as a result  the pound has gained nearly 1 percent on the euro this morning rising to over 1.19 after a few bad days.

I'm surprised that no one on here has picked up on the fact that tonight, after the markets have closed  I guess, the results of the stress tests on european banks are being released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10711590

Will it be 1.21 or 1.17 on Monday morning.

I think I will change some money this afternoon just in case!

S

Like 0      
26 Jul 2010 3:24 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

look like it's heading to 1.20

will it go above 1.20 again?

Like 0      
28 Sep 2010 7:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Plummeting again now. From the dizzy heights of almost 1.23 only two weeks ago, rates have dropped to 1.163. So whose fault is it this time? I thought the UK economy was faring quite well, although not growing as quickly as anticipated. 

Mark

Like 0      
28 Sep 2010 11:31 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

It does seem odd that the exchange rate has been hammered recently.  Especially given the very strong employment figures recently and September's very good retails sales figures announced today.

I'm guessing it's probably due to the BoE talking up the possibility of switching the printing presses on again.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
29 Sep 2010 8:57 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Far too much fluctuation.

The rate needs to be above 1.20 to give UK potential buyers any confidence.

I have met many on the verge of buying and then the rate dives and they retreat .....

Like 0      
29 Sep 2010 10:33 AM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi Technoape

Sorry for the delay in comming back on the colalition government, but the Welsh assembly can not make up its mind on what to do.

I still think that it will be the end of the year before things start to move, but I do think that the drop is down to the lack of confidence in the UK coalation to do the right thing. It was thought that a new brush would be good, but it did not go far enough to make it sweep clean and the two party situation has dampened the market and we have them for another 4 years.

I agree there is a lot more interest but those who are looking are taking longer to make up their minds and are also looking for the real bargain or even something for nothing. I have a property which is 25000 euro below any other in the same village but it still does not sell or attract any interest, so is it just those properties close to the sea that people are looking for?

Lets hope the market improves soon.

Dave

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 10:02 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm not sure what's causing it but the rate is coming down!  The Moneycorp spot rate today has now gone below the 1.15 mark

I'll ask Moneycorp if they can give us some information about what's causing this for Tuesday's newsletter.

I'm actually going over to the UK later this month so the current trend suits me at the moment .  As they say...every cloud....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 10:21 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

An insight would be helpful.

I have given up trying to understand what causes these movements. When you think some report should make it go one way it goes the other way.

For the first half of Sept we were above 1.20 (for a few days 1.22) and now back at 1.50.

Many ex-pats here are heavily exposed to GBP/EUR and these type of movements lead to depression!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 2:47 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Faro

I wish it was 1.50 be good

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 2:55 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

that was my sub-conscious dreaming of the good old days! 

I meant 1.15

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 6:39 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Well, it's sitting at exactly 1.15 now. Up or down? What do you reckon?

Mark

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 6:49 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

I think we will see 1.135 before it starts to rise but I would love to be wrong

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2010 9:59 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

So there we go. Logging on this morning bring the news that we are ow at 1.147 . Sod's law that i'm on my way over next week to pay some bills!!! 

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 6:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Gained a cent and a bit since the last look. My head's spinning 

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with Subrogated Mortgage Info - 19 posts
25 thousands here! - 6 posts
Barbeques - 4 posts
english teachers in almeria - 0 posts
coming to almeria - 4 posts
some advice please - 1 posts
Repayment of Deposits - 3 posts
Buying Agents ??? - 17 posts
Manilva/Sotogrande "Disneyland" - 2 posts
Arenal Golf, Benalmadena - 8 posts
Reaching the 25 thousands!! - 5 posts
recommendation for breakfast - 2 posts
Letting Agents. - 1 posts
Van Hire company - 0 posts
moving and working in spain - 2 posts
Winter in spain - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts
Property network Benalmedina Spain - 0 posts
investment - 8 posts
Teguise Greens in Lanzarote - 1 posts
looking for rental from 1st May - 1 posts
Bad Smells! - 0 posts
Buses Routes - 1 posts
jumillia - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 271

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x