some advice please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by andy10 Star rating in birmingham. 14 posts Send private message

Hi

i'm fairly new to the forums and dont know if this has been covered elsewhere on the boards.

we paid a deposit of 30% on an offplan  appartment in a development.that the builder promised would be built by July 2008.They then changed this to nov 2008 when we signed the contract. They have since told us that it will be at least 18 months or longer.

They also admitted to us after we had paid them that they did not have planning permission in place.They said they expected to get it within a few months.They still haven't got it.

Where do we stand legally? Are they in breach of contract and would we be entitled to get a refund?

could we claim interest on the money and ask for compensation.

We havent asked for a refund yet but i anticipate that they wont want to hand back the cash just like that. If we have to take them to court how much would it cost us and how long would it take?

A lot of questions I know but I would be grateful if someone could offer us some good advice.

Thanks

Andy. 

Like 0      
28 Mar 2008 8:51 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I suggest that you speak to Maria de Castro

Maria de Castro thread

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Repayment of Deposits - 3 posts
Buying Agents ??? - 17 posts
Manilva/Sotogrande "Disneyland" - 2 posts
Arenal Golf, Benalmadena - 8 posts
Reaching the 25 thousands!! - 5 posts
recommendation for breakfast - 2 posts
Letting Agents. - 1 posts
Van Hire company - 0 posts
moving and working in spain - 2 posts
Winter in spain - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts
Property network Benalmedina Spain - 0 posts
investment - 8 posts
Teguise Greens in Lanzarote - 1 posts
looking for rental from 1st May - 1 posts
Bad Smells! - 0 posts
Buses Routes - 1 posts
jumillia - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts
I am in Aloe Friday to Sunday - 3 posts
Snow at Easter, I need to move. - 14 posts
Polaris World - Happy Experiences?!? - 7 posts
1st Post - 5 posts
Sewage odour and attaching health problems - 0 posts
"Staff wanted entertainment bar salou" - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x