Will the EX Rate ever go back up?

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2010 9:37 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes we are out on Saturday, hoping it might go up a bit more.  So fingers crossed.

Pat

Like 0      
05 Oct 2010 9:18 AM by Sun-seeker Star rating in Birmingham. 14 posts Send private message

It looks like sterling is going to lose more value unfortunately, according to an article (currency war looms) I just read on; expatsinspin .org, the prediction is it will go down to 1.10. I regret not changing my sterling to euro, I was hoping it would go up !!

Like 0      
05 Oct 2010 2:39 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Just published the following article in today's newsletter. 

The Pound and Euro Face Uncertain Times

I'm still confused though

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2010 9:17 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

More doom and gloom folks, sorry .

Well, Xe are now quoting 1.13.8, so still a downward trend. Watching the news last night about the impending currency wars with the Dollar, Euro, Yuan and Yen means a potentially shaky future now. Had hoped it would have gone up a little bit so that I could buy an extra chorizo when out nextt week .

I told my friend that is coming with me to wait until in Spain to get his currency from the ATM with his Nationwide card, but he went into Thomas Cook and got 1.15 during the week!! Wish i'd done that now .

Mark

Like 0      
12 Oct 2010 7:42 PM by nuflow7 Star rating in Solihull/Vera Playa. 139 posts Send private message

I've recently been sent a replacement Nationwide FlexAccount Card and learned that as well as being charged for withdrawals abroad from 1st November, I can no longer use the new card outside the UK.

Nationwide is now in the process of restricting "free" use of their cards only to savers who pay a monthly sum into their accounts.

However, I have a Visa card which I sometimes use  and repay in full when the bill comes in, the rate quoted yesterday was 1.15. 

The website for this is: 

http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/exchange_rates.aspx

CAM Bank are also offering prompt, free transfers from our UK Bank account to their account in Spain and also offer a favourable rate.

Hope this info is useful.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2010 4:47 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

If there was ever a day when you could confidently predict that that the pound would rise aganst the euro it was today, the euro zone in crisis talks with both Ireland and Greece.

Of course you've guessed it, the pounds down over half a percent at 1.1746 interbank.

WHY!!!

This message was last edited by Team GB on 16/11/2010.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2011 7:55 PM by Mick28 Star rating in Essex.UK/ Velez Rubi.... 15 posts Send private message

Will the euro continue to increase, at 1.205 as of close yesterday. Anyone got a crystal ball?

Like 0      
29 Mar 2011 10:50 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

1.135 today. What a roller coaster ride this currency lark is .

Mark

Like 0      
30 Mar 2011 12:11 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

It's just over 6 months since you last posted about this, markfish, and, guess what?  It was 1.138 then.  Oh for the heady days of January when it was 1.20.  However, either next week or the week after will be the ECB and BOE decision on interest rates which may see it jump up or collapse.  

(But don't listen to me, I'm the one who had an endowment policy and bought property to build up a fund for my old age - guess what?  Old age is here but the fund isn't).

Like 0      
30 Mar 2011 4:39 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

At least it's consistently crap then Bob 

Mark

Like 0      
30 Mar 2011 5:41 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Looks like eurozone interest rates are going up sooner than expected.  Not great news if you have a mortgage in Spain...

I've been taking advantage of the exchange rate recently to get shot of most of my euros.

This message was last edited by Sanchez1 on 30/03/2011.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with Subrogated Mortgage Info - 19 posts
25 thousands here! - 6 posts
Barbeques - 4 posts
english teachers in almeria - 0 posts
coming to almeria - 4 posts
some advice please - 1 posts
Repayment of Deposits - 3 posts
Buying Agents ??? - 17 posts
Manilva/Sotogrande "Disneyland" - 2 posts
Arenal Golf, Benalmadena - 8 posts
Reaching the 25 thousands!! - 5 posts
recommendation for breakfast - 2 posts
Letting Agents. - 1 posts
Van Hire company - 0 posts
moving and working in spain - 2 posts
Winter in spain - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts
Property network Benalmedina Spain - 0 posts
investment - 8 posts
Teguise Greens in Lanzarote - 1 posts
looking for rental from 1st May - 1 posts
Bad Smells! - 0 posts
Buses Routes - 1 posts
jumillia - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 271

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x