Air Port Car Hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2008 3:46 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I don't think it's unfair at all to expect a business that wants to make money from me to answer an email. Yes, I missed the information on the website, but how long does it take to reply "21 plus one year's experience"? I am also now on the 3rd day of waiting for a reply to make sure my rental is okay for this Sunday, I think that is unfair! Although, top marks to Europa for being so prompt and reassuring me that all is well (notice how I brought it back on topic there ?).

Mark

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 3:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 4:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just comparing prices again.

I tried Amigos Auto (gave me GoldCar) No terms & conditions on Amigos website either.

Group AA Ford Ka 1.3 = 333.16€

Group CC Peugot 206 = 343.53€

As I said before http://www.doyouspain.com/ gave us a 5 dr Renault Clio with A/C with Auriga Crown  for 283.05€ !!!

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 11:56 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Finally got a response from DoyouSpain anout Goldcar:

"Thank you for your e-mail. We confirm your booking with Goldcar at Murcia
airport. They do not have vehicles available from then on."

Seems a really funny way to do business, replacing all the cars in one hit!! I am okay for my hire today though, although I did take advantage of their no fees up front to make a booking with Auriga Crown just in case!!

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 12:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, have a wonderful trip as you're off today, aren't you ? We'll miss you.  Thanks for great pics in bucket.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 12:29 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Leaving home about 1.30pm so we can go to the Burger King (or is it McDonalds) in the airport. I am hoping that if Europa have a poor selection of cars, I will get a free upgrade . Problem with that is higher fuel cost though .

See y'all soon.

Mark

Like 0      
10 Feb 2008 12:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Of course we should all buy cars & leave them there so we don't rely on hire companies rules but then that'll cause us other problems.  (Bet we're all on meds for high BP, aren't we ? )  We must learn not to get so agitated with things we cannot change.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2008 12:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Flight was delayed by 1.5 hours due to engine problems at the end of the runway. We arrived in Murcia at 10.10pm, so a bit later than expected. At Goldcar, we were all trying to get on our way quickly and also to try and allow the staff to go home too!! As a previous customer, all of my details were pre- filled in. We had booked a small car (Clio size) as it was only my Son and I travelling. We were upgraded to a Fiat Punto diesel (upgrade, are they sure???) which we took. It wasn't until looking at the rental agreement next day, I found I had been charged 10€ for having a diesel vehicle, which I hadn't even ordered!!!

Disgraceful behaviour and I am just about to email them now to complain. Such a shame as they were so good on the last visit.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Feb 2008 9:24 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

I treid to get doyouspain to change my booking from crown at offsite to an onsite at Murcia but never got a reply to my 10 emails, however turned up at murcia and went to van in carpark... top marks, hassle free and a brand new peugot 208 deisel (not the clio i ordered), had a 5 day rental and could return full or empty.. i returned full and got refund straigt away, was driven to airport straight away, only to find ryan had a 5.5 hour delay.. fantastic... oh and fyi, murcia shuts at 22:30 (23:00 if they can get an extension) so if your plan cant get it by then you will be diverted to Alicante, keep this in mind when using a bucket airline on a late night flight. Ryan were good tho and got us out at 23:15 and only 2 hours 5 back to luton, not the end of the world.

On the goldcar, they are fully running and yes they are short stock as all cars being replaced... keep faith, but if you get a crown car.. they are very helpful, have 3 or 4 check in and out people at offsite....

Like 0      
18 Feb 2008 9:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Simon

Glad your experience was okay. Being off site has always been a worry for me, but I may consider it next time. Although both rentalso I have now had with Europa have been good, both cars had bl**dy great dents in them and as they don't come out with you to check, you have to wonder if they will try it on when you get back!!

Our Ryanair flight was delayed in and arrived at about 22.10. I knew the airport closed at 22.30 and was wondering how the passengers waiting for its arrival must be feeling watching the clock get ever closer to closing time.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Feb 2008 11:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Interesting. I've just looked at doyouspain's price for our trip March/ April (We are already booked with them as of 21st Feb & on that date we were booked for 283.05€. )

Now see..

Booking Details 
Pick Up City:  Murcia Airport 
Pick Up Date:  17/03/2008 20:00  Return Date:  10/04/2008 19:00 
Group:  Renault Clio 5 door A/C ... or similar 
Accessories:  ------ 

Total:  €  423.42  EUR              £  283.40  GBP     

Edited after checking carjet's site : Carjet was 445.70€ so doyouspain was good even though cost has soared since we booked.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/19/2008.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 2:01 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Mark,

i have always used goldcar and as you say, they can have a ding or scratch on. They have always said "dont worry". As you say, they dont check on out or return so you do think what happens. I have never had any problems or been questioned so i would say dont worry about goldcar...  good as gold as they say.

Simon

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 2:27 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Off tangent slightly and apologies as I'm sure this has been discussed before but...

Could someone please confirm if any of the Malaga airport car hire firms allow a full out / full return policy on car hire periods of 3 days or less.  We're over for 5 days at the beginning of March and would like a car for a couple of days but don't really need the whole time but...

If we're going to get charged for the petrol we may as well keep for 5 days (with flight times will be charged for 6) and just have a long run (from Fuengirola to Gibraltar possibly as OH like Gib) and use up the fuel.

Want to book the car before this weekend and will probably go with 'doyouspain' as they don't take from the card up front like Holiday Autos.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 2:36 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar
Try Amigoautos and select the Goldcar company, they do full out full return, others may well do it but i only have first hand experience of them. I did use Amiga Crown last week and got a full out full return for 5 days but that was murcia... good luck

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 3:39 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Regarding the  full out/ full in policy. We booked a car for a few hours from Zenith Rent a Car agency  at Chasqui Currency Exchange office in Benalmadena on the 7th January 2008 and   had no problems. However we did fully clarify our requirements before we passed on our credit card details and of course it was out of season.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 3:45 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Simon - is that a typing error, never heard of Amigacrown but have heard of Auriga Crown who do full/full for all hire lengths.

Sonia El - Record car hire will allow you to bring back car with the same amount that you drove out with, ie 1/4 1/2 and full tank.  Doyouspain normally give them out or you could book direct through www.email-car-hire.com which is Records budget car hire site.  Doyouspain sometimes work out cheaper than this site,best to compare prices before booking car.

I would have thought most car hire companys do full/full for 3 days, I've only booked a short car hire once with Centauro, had to leave a 150e credit card imprint but never had any problems as car was returned full.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 5:51 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar
yes sorry was typo...  i normally get a 60 euro charge for fuel with Goldcar but never have a problem with refunds.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 9:58 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Booked yesterday with doyouspain and got given Record.  Not used them before but it says that it's a full / ful policy.  Shall wait and see on Sat am.

I did wonder if doyouspain may have changed from Auriga due to all our complaints? Or perhaps they just used up their quota from them for this weekend.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 12:36 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I booked via DoYouSpain this week and got Solmar at Murcia airport.

Policy is Full/empty, so I think the petrol situation varies from company to company.

Last time we got Auriga at Alicante via DoYouSpain and had full/full

So it's just a game of chance me thinks!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 1:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Sonia, have you arranged pick up from Alicante as doyouspain tend to put Record as their main one there. Record don't usually charge for petrol, just expect you to bring car back with same amount you collected it with, sometimes just 1/8th tank to get you to nearest petrol station.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is there a best month to buy? - 33 posts
Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts
English television in Spain - 1 posts
looking for rental - 1 posts
Spending OUR money !!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
Theory tests in Spain (online) - 1 posts
Spanish Income Tax on rental income for non residents - 28 posts
GOOD GAME - 12 posts
buying property - 2 posts
looking for 3 or 4 month rental on Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Almeria - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 77

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x