Air Port Car Hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2008 11:04 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Good to know that you had a good experience Kat.  It was me that posted about them and I am glad to see that they are still performing well!  You can never be sure when you recommend something as businesses do 'go off' - particularly applies to restaurants, I find.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
20 Mar 2008 11:16 AM by katrinachesney Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi Jane

I phoned them before I booked and they seemed very helpful and also booked my carparking through them which saved me a few pounds but when you book for the first time you just hope it works ok so glad to report back that it worked really well

Kat

Like 0      
20 Mar 2008 2:26 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

hi Jane & Kat

Is their office in the airport in Murcia or is it off airport?

Like 0      
20 Mar 2008 2:33 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

This one's for you, Kat, I haven't been to Murcia

J

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
21 Mar 2008 5:23 PM by katrinachesney Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi

They have a van in the airport car park, the same as they have at Alicante Airport. They have the car parked right near the van and you can't miss it as Murcia has a small airport car park.

Many thanks

Kat

Like 0      
21 Mar 2008 6:49 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

We usually book car hire from Almeria Airport with Aurega.  They are very good, always collect you from the airport within minutes of landing, straightforward procedure when collecting the cars and when returning.  Staff are friendly, helpful and explain everything in English (which always helps as my Spanish is basic) We always look at www.travelsupermarket.com for the various car hire companies though.    Solmar and Aurega have always come out best value so far.  Thats handy to know if we fly to Murcia anytime though Kat so thanks for the personal recommendation.

www.freewebs.com/casaella

Like 0      
21 Mar 2008 7:17 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there,

We regularly hire a car in Spain and we now have annual car hire insurance which we organised in the Uk. (It covers all the stuff they try to sell it to you for  - if that makes sense ) Do pm me if you want the details of the company.

Best wishes

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
21 Mar 2008 7:23 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Great idea Jillian!   Its certainly worth keeping in mind although I suppose it depends how often you hire a car.  We probably hire 3-4 times a year.  Thanks for the info

Like 0      
22 May 2008 3:45 PM by krams Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

just been reading all your comments about car hire companies. just to add my experience: have now used airportcarhirespain dotcom on 3 occasions (flying into Alicante and Murcia) to book Goldcar (twice) and Solmar (once). They seem to have quite a few suppliers and the great thing is that you can choose which company to go with (unlike other websites). Prices very competitive too. Thumbs up from me!

Like 0      
22 May 2008 4:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Generally, it's the issue of the full/full fuelling, krams.

If you look at my thread Econorent car hire only at Alicante & Murcia airports. A cut above the rest ! which is in the correct board so members pick up on it more easily than this particular thread, you'll see how many are using Econorent nowadays.

Certainly if you're happy with whoever you use currently, that's great , but most aren't !

Like 0      
22 May 2008 6:14 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado, hope you are well.  Econorent dont hire from Almeria then? We havent flown into Murcia yet as its just that little bit further from our place in Vera Playa/Garrucha.  I have a problem with paying for fuel that we're never going to use, or is it just me.   Auriga Crown, who we usually hire from, and they are great in every other aspect but, they used to let you take the car back with as little or as much petrol/deisel as you wanted.  If you took the car back full they would refund the for the full tank.   This was great for us as we never use anywhere near a tank when we're in Spain.   Recently though, this has changed if your hire is for more than three days.   So, you pay for example 60E for a tank full of petrol, use half, they refill the car for 30E and charge the next hire 60E again.  They cant fail to make money!   It adds up to a huge amount of extra money if this happens on every car they hire!  If anyone knows of a car hire company that only charges you for the petrol you've used from Almeria airport, please let me know.

Like 0      
22 May 2008 6:21 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Martin at hirecarsinspain is on the case and will let us know when he gets a similar deal at Almeria

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
22 May 2008 6:30 PM by Anya Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi

If you call Europa or Javea Cars at Almeria/Alicante/Murcia or Valencia and apply a bit of pressure, they will let you take the car back full - especially if you are a frequent visitor.

This message was last edited by Anya on 5/22/2008.

Like 0      
22 May 2008 6:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
  Karen & Dave, I'm great thanks, hope you are too.

Sorry, I have no idea regarding fuel arrangements with any car hire firms in the Almeria area.

Like 0      
22 May 2008 7:08 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

We're good thanks Morerosado.  Just cant wait to get back in June!! Thanks everyone for your replies.   I'll look forward to reading a post from Martin.  Saludo

Like 0      
23 May 2008 1:45 PM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
You can get a free online quote for car hire in Murcia with a company called Cartrawler who we use all the time.  They hold a central database of car hire companies based at the airports which they match your requirements against and come up with some really competitive deals.

Linda

Like 0      
23 May 2008 10:08 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply Anya, certainly worth trying!   
Thanks for that info Linda, Ive just had a quick look and at first glance the actual car hire is a little dearer than we have been getting through www.travelsupermarket.com.  However, I need to have a better look to see if it works out cheaper in September, (June hire car already booked) against the fuel issue. Buen fin de semana

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is there a best month to buy? - 33 posts
Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts
English television in Spain - 1 posts
looking for rental - 1 posts
Spending OUR money !!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
Theory tests in Spain (online) - 1 posts
Spanish Income Tax on rental income for non residents - 28 posts
GOOD GAME - 12 posts
buying property - 2 posts
looking for 3 or 4 month rental on Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Almeria - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 77

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x