Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by maddy.hall Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

I have recently been diagnosed with Coeliac disease and need to cope with a gluten-free diet when we visit our apartment.  We are in the Marbella area.  Does anybody have any idea whether I can get gluten-free flour/bread etc in the supermarkets easily or do I need to go elsewhere.  All advice will be very gratefully supplied.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2008 3:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm sure you can, Maddy in the Marbella area, as in all areas. Spanish people have the same illnesses & problems as us Brits.

Rixxy, Smiley, site owner Justin are all in that area.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2008 9:06 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Alcampo (all over Spain) boast that they sell over 120 gluten free products.  This is their Marbella website http://www.alcampo.es/WebPortal/Alcampo/Paginas/MiTienda/Home.page

On the CB, Mercadona, Carrefour and Consum supermarkets have an extensive range of "productos sin gluten" so I imagine the CDS will be the same.

Best of luck

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 2:11 PM by maddy.hall Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Thanks Baboal - great help.  If I know I can go without packing a courier box before I go, it will make life easier.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2008 4:57 PM by Weesy Star rating in Costa Calida. 13 posts Send private message

Hi, I am also  Coeliac and live in Spain, I find eating here is really easy, Mercadona supermarkets label everything that is gluten free "Sin Gluten", this is a little emblem on the front of packaging in red & blue. Mercadona also do some speciality gluten free products this may vary by store but my local one does mainly Procelli brand of Bread mix, part cooked baguetts,  loaves of part cooked bread, magdalena cakes which are like fairy cakes, croissants, they also do Dietary supplies cornflakes and coco puffs and I can get 2 types of biscuits, La Galleta Maria and cookie con chocolate, the brand of these is Hacendado

Most packaged meat, ie mince meat, burgers, sausages etc are also gluten free as the Spanish don´t seem to add things to their meat products, again look for the sin gluten emblem.

If you go to yr dietetica shop in town and ask for sin gluten, you should find they are able to supply you with lots more items like pizza bases, breadsticks, melba toast, more biscuits, breads, pastas etc, my local shop gives me their booklet, I tell them what I want and its usually in the shop 2-3 days later.

If you need any more information please let me know :)

Like 0      
04 Dec 2009 11:35 AM by wisegirl Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello Guys!

My name is Anna, 18 years old, I have coeliac desease and I'm from Germany.

I'm looking for a spanish guest family with coeliac members, where I could come to learn spanish. (Spring/ Summer 2010)

I know this is not the topic here but I really hope to find someone by that way.

I really hope someone of you can help me. Maybe someone knows a coeliac family, who's looking for an Opair or something.

Please answer. Thank you very much!

Anna

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts
English television in Spain - 1 posts
looking for rental - 1 posts
Spending OUR money !!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
Theory tests in Spain (online) - 1 posts
Spanish Income Tax on rental income for non residents - 28 posts
GOOD GAME - 12 posts
buying property - 2 posts
looking for 3 or 4 month rental on Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Almeria - 1 posts
Do you have garage/storage room for rent local to Villamartin? - 0 posts
pictures - 3 posts
Car exchange - 8 posts
Advice required - 3 posts
Investment Company. - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x